We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Use the Blog Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (54 shouts as of 03/23) BTW, the slideshow of the pics folks included is pretty nifty!
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 105th edition will be hosted this week by Scribblings. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff’s Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 19th edition edition is up and hosted by the Science and Politicsr. The 20th edition will be hosted by Bootstrap Analysis.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The sixth edition is up at Science and Politics. The 7th edition is scheduled for March 31 and will be hosted by Research at a Snail’s Pace. You’ve got time to get those submissions sent in!
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- Sisu: Tiny: Ball? What Ball? and The Babe: Catnip and Food
- Elms in the Yard: Today’s Cats
- Beezer Song: Desk Chair
- Melange: Where, Oh Where Is Clover? and Two Cool Cats
- Blog d’Elisson: Not Guilty
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat – Catblogging: Trying to Keep It Together
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Ninja
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Whaddya want?
- Manx Mnews: The Hoochie-Choochie: Abby break dancing
- Poetic Leanings: Did anyone check in here for bin Laden?
- My Cats Are French: St. Patrick’s Day Catblogging
- Texas Oasis: Friday Kitty Cat Troll Booth
- enrevanche: More from the peaceable kingdom: Chow Bella and Mister Gato
- Stereophilia: Huckleberry mutters and plots… and Bagheera in action…?
- The Peach Pit: Chocolate Chip Studies…
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: It’s time for Frisky
- Gigolokitty!: Hamlet! #5 (to be contd.)
- Jelly Pizza: Friday Cat Blogging
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Frisky the Professional Cat
- Catymology: I’m on strike: Aloysius
- Josh’s Weblog: Feline Friday: Snowball
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Pica, the underfed
- Lisa Violet’s Diary: Catstuff: Stuff Handsome Eats
- Running Scared: Friday Cat Blogging: Spider pretends to be cute and cuddly
- notes from the kelp: Friday cat mousing
- Bad Attitudes: Our sweet Mabel has been getting edgy
- Skør i Skralden: brødrene Grevil
- Space Monkey Pants: Zombie Tuesday
- The Wide Awake Cafe: Piano Photo Op: Captain
- Tigers & Strawberries: Going On Vacation: Tatter, Lennier and Gummitch
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: Calico in repose
- A Blog, Purr-say: Three Steps to Personal Hygiene
- indicative Of Nothing: If it’s Friday, this must be……my foot as furniture for my favorite little park puss
- Three-Toed Sloth: Kara consults her authorities
- Mind of Mog: He Izzy Clean
- No Deep Thoughts: Friday Cat Blogging: Rhett’s Hiding Place
- This Girl Remembers: A Face That Will Melt Your Heart
- Leslie’s Omnibus: Traveling Companions: The Divine Miss Marilyn and Tiger Boots
- Science, Shrimp, and Grits: Helpful household cat: Tom
- Mensa Barbie: Ready? Smile, Butterscotch…
- The Naked Truth: Cat Blogging: Needy
- Martha Bridegam’s Demisemiblog: Catblogging: Edgie
- animal family: we really need a bigger sofa
- Wildrun: New chair! Dibs! Dibs!
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Philm Paz, Frankie and Sammy
- bloggo chicago: Friday Cat Blogging #27: Basil Jumps
- Wind in the Wire: Friends For Life: Callie & Tiger
- yourish.com: here’s Tig and Gracie? Nardo steps in…
- Cascade Exposures: Ode to Seal: Ode To Seal
- sleeping mommy: Basket O’ Cat III
- Wander lust…: Friday Free For All: Bauhaus
- Basic Juice: Lyle, Sprawled
- feministe: Friday Random Ten – The Goodbye With Cat Pics Edition
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Nelson
- Keewee’s Corner: A Little Cat Blogging: Rocket
- The Dees Diversion: Friday cat blogging – de
- Later On: Friday cat blogging: Sophe with fish
- Furry Paws: Secret Paws Package: Lefty
- Middle Fork: Not for the squeamish: Maple Will Not Be Having Any Kittens.
- Watermark: Black & White Boo
- CathColl: Sun Worshippers: Emily and Paris boarded 3/25
- Because It’s Better: Friday Cat Blogging: Princess Mia Bella boarded 3/25
- A Few of My Favourite Things!: WCB 42: Bella and Tasha boarded 3/25
- A Guy In New York: Saturday catblogging: Loco waiting patiently…boarded 3/25
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging | The Saturday Edition! Milo and Otis boarded 3/25
- eatstuff: WCB 42: Kiri is the best company boarded 3/26
- TWo Black Cats: Friday catblogging: Velvet and the cats in a play fight boarded 3/26
- Cauldron Ridge Farm: Kitten boarded 3/26
- Red Peonies: Cat on Bose Radio boarded 3/26
- cb.blog: More Weekend Catblogging“>More Weekend Catblogging boarded 3/26
- Science and Politics: Playing video-games is hard work….so Miss Marbles… boarded 3/26
- Scribblings: Carnival of the Cats #105
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod: Pfeffer’s Flamboyant Cuttlefish, Metasepia pfefferi
- milkriverblog: Not Really A Cat Friday: Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Papilio glaucus
- Allan Thinks: ’scuse me while I kiss the fly boarded 3/25
- Blog d’Elisson: Gone To The Dawgs
- Melange: Max & The Doggy Daily Times
- Tbogg: Thursday Night Basset Blogging: Satchmo
- enrevanche: More from the peaceable kingdom: Chow Bella and Mister Gato
- Athenamama: Jacqueline and Angel and the Big Wrestling Match
- Writing Away On Cedar Key: Duncan
- capturing the moment: Happy Friday from Daisy!
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: Sasha and Dexter
- A Stitch In Haste: Friday Diamond Blogging — Monster Bone!
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Dog Blogging: Princess Shayna is not pleased…
- Ironicus Maximus: Friday Hound Blogging: Casey is quiet and mellow
- The Dogs Breakfast: Dottie?
- Justin’s Random Thoughts: Saturday Dogblogging: Bruiser boarded 3/25
- Stuff About My Dogs: Spring Training boarded 3/26
- Doug Petch.Com: Blog Your Dog: Buddy boarded 3/26
- Elms in the Yard: Balckbird, Palestine Sunbird plus …. and Palestine Sunbird – The Best Ones Yet
- A DC Birding Blog: Friday Scaup Blogging
- Henry’s Webiocosm Blog: Friday Backyard Bird Blogging: Mourning Doves – Zenaida macroura
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Canada Goose
- Living the Scientific Life: Great Horned Owl Nestling, Bubo virginianus and much more in Birds in the News #52
- 10,000 Birds: Tufted Titmouse
- Farmgirl Fare: Chicken Rant
- Danielle’s Den: Time Flies
- Shaken & Stirred: Whitefronted Bee-eater
- skippy the bush kangaroo: friday bird blogging: big boy in his cage
- Dharma Bums: Dove and Tree
- Thomasburg Walks: Robin at Sunset boarded 3/26
- A DC Birding Blog: Anyone Lose a Fish?
- Rurality: Critter Cam – new location: deer
- Middle Earth Journal: Friday Squirrel Blogging
- Living the Scientific Life: Not Extinct Yet: Sumatran Rhinoceros, Didermoceros sumatrensis
The Sleeping Bat
- Farmgirl Fare: That Rose! and Uncle Dan (aka Donkey Doodle Dandy)
- Two Parts H, One Part O: Rocky, you met your match
- Publius & Co.: Guys – Cross Your Legs: Bandit
- Tortoise Trail: Desert Cottontail boarded 3/26
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted “too rapidly” by the same host. I don’t know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I’m sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh….