November 25, 2005
Friday Ark #62
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders. And do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map.
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 88th edition will be hosted this week by IMAO. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. Send your links for the 12th edition to Mike. The 11th edition is up and hosted by the The House & other Arctic Musings.
New for the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The second edition is up at Snails Tales.
The 3rd edition is scheduled for November 30 and will be hosted by Urban Dragon Hunters. Mail submissions to nannothemis AT gmail.com
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
Slow Updates This Week: Thanksgiving is this week and like last year we will be traveling and will have limited time and bandwidth. This wasn't too much of a problem then. There were only 22 boarders. Now there are often over 100. Friday updates probably won't begin until noon or later eastern time. Be patient and click through comments and trackbacks if it looks like things are way behind.
- Niobium: Beast Blogging Melange: Domestic Chores: Mr. Rhett and Hot or Cold: Chloe
- enrevanche: What Mister Gato Is Grateful For
- Pencil Roving: I,am thankful for my benevolent feline overlord
- Beezer Song: Tryptophan-tastic: Beezer
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Sox Chills Out
- Blog d'Elisson: Mystery of the Sphinx and Ready for the Roasting Pan
- Manx Mnews: All Things Feline Friday: Boo Makes Herself Comfortable
- No Deep Thoughts: Trimming the Tree: Rhett and Rafe
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat: Duncan and New Drinking Songs
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: Grace, the basket case
- Athenamama: Thalia and the Sheepskin Throw
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging: Milo and Otis recuperate after Thanksgiving
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Pixel and Pica
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Church and Snowball
- The Peach Pit: Kitty Inspects the Turkey
- Mind of Mog: Just Because: What Me Shop?
- This Blog is Full of Crap: The Bag Inspector: No More Turkey, Daddy!
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: piper the Rat
- Cascade Exposures: Over the River and Through the Woods
- Sisu: An Army of Davids, Stealth Raid and Baby and Tiny
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: Thanksgiving
- Because It's Better: Friday Cat Blogging: Princess Mia Bella
- Curiouser and Curiouser: Catblog Friday: Tinker Looking Indifferent
- Cleek: Monday Cat Blogging
- Mensa Barbie: Making A Quick Exit
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Soft (focus) Sasha and Lyra
- feministe: Thanksgiving Cat Blogging
- A Shareware Life: Friday Catblogging: The Stairs Belong To me
- Watermark: Friday Cat s Shopping
- Allan Thinks: I know there's a chipmunk in there somewhere; boarded 11/26
- The Oubliette: Little Boy makes an encore appearance; boarded 11/26
- eatstuff: WCB 25 Surf Cat! boarded 11/26
- Farmgirl Fare: Weekend Cat Blogging #25: Confrontationon the screened in porch; boarded 11/26
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Carnival of the Cats #88
- Pharyngula: They're blue, and long, and prehensile, and beautiful!
- Pharyngula: Squid Nuptial Dances
- Thomasburg Walks: Infesting the Ark
- milkriverblog: Not Really A Cat Friday: Tersa Sphinx, Xylophanes tersa
- Niobium: Beast Blogging
- Meditation Matters: Life form blogging a day early! Titan
- Stand Up And Walk: A New Pose - The Heisman: Casey
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog - Dubble Take: Sasha and Taffy
- Farmgirl Fare: Year Round Thankfulness: Robin
- Athenamama: Angel and Mariah and Jacqueline and the Sheepskin Throw
- Cybervassals: It's just to disturbing to watch
- Basic Juice: City Dog/Country Dog
- Cascade Exposures: Saber
- Creek Running North: The day after Thanksgiving
- Doug Petch.Com: Blog Your Dog: Buddy
- bloggg: Pooch has a new sweater boarded 11/26
- 7610: My parent's dog Tommy boarded 11/26
- Phototorium: Urine Marking 101; boarded 11/27
- Multiple Mentality: Oreo and Zak boarded 11/28
- The House & other Arctic Musings: I and the Bird #11
- Dharma Bums: Black Turnstones
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Budgerigar
- Watermark: Thanksgiving
- Bioluminescence: Sound Asleep
- Simply Coll: Thanksgiving
- Outside In: Everyday is Thanksgiving
- Farmgirl Fare: Two Inquisitive Lambs
- Cascade Exposures: Llamas
- AMCGLTD: A Dragon Xmas
- Aetiology: Scaly Reptiles
- Athenamama: Charlotte is Gone
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....