December 16, 2005
Friday Ark #65
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders. And do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (36 shouts as of 12/15)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 91st edition will be hosted this week by Music and Cats. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants.
New for the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The third edition is up at Urban Dragon Hunters.
The 4th edition is scheduled for December 31 and will be hosted by bootstrap analysis. Mail submissions to nannothemis AT gmail.com
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- Niobium: Vet: Which putty tat is this?
- Elms in the Yard: Adventures with the Lady in Red
- Bloggin' Outloud: Catblogging: Penny
- Pencil Roving: Mister Gato is my muse (or should that be "mews"?)
- Melange: Clover: Contemplating the Tree
- Beezer Song: I've been a VERY good boy
- Blog d'Elisson: While I Work, They Lurk
- I am the Goober Queen: Eenie Meenie Chili Beanie
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: Two Cat Night
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Ringo is not a fan of posing
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: No Christmas tree for Sasha
- The Conservative Cat: Catblogging: Appearances are Deceiving
- Manx Mnews: Feline Friday -- Sweet Nothings: Boo
- Running Scared: Tom's Eye on the Mend?
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat: Wyatt Urp need a bigger tent
- pages turned: Inductive? Deductive?
- Caturday: Sleepy Baby Fergus
- Hepcat.daily: lazin'
- Suldog-O-Rama: A Christmas Miracle
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Coby slays the whale
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Frisky the Fluffy Warmonger
- enrevanche: Too cute, and I ain't lion
- Striving for Average: Star Power
- Athenamama: Sisters to the End: Thalia and Jacqueline
- Lunar Obverse: Friday Cat Blogging! Smacky in the wild
- Where the Dolphins Play: Happy Birthday Hobbes
- Middle Fork: Sabaki in the Sun
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Church and Snowball
- Ego: Morris Laying Around
- sleeping mommy: Sweet Forbidden Love
- The Common Room: Lonely
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Catspotting: ...a certain swirly-striped mutant...
- Rook's Rant: Snow Storm Cat Blogging
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Phil and Paz, Frankie and Sammy
- The Blue Parrot: Friday Catblogging: Doby
- Far Cartouche: Yikes! Here are two kitties stranded on a stool who desparately need succor!
- Fiat Lux: Friday Cat Blogging: Two lazy boys...
- Ded Space: Friday cat blogging: Why cats don't blog
- Curiouser and Curiouser: Catblog Friday: Tinker and Harley catchin' some rays
- composite drawlings: Friday Catblog: Testing the waters
- Chaos Digest: Pets are great for kids
- A Shareware Life: Late Friday Catblogging: Attack Pumpkin
- The Blog Pound: Kitten Invasion
- bloggg: Very Late Feak Bloggging
- Cascade Exposures: Geez, Mom! Can't a poor kittycatch a nap around here?
- Allan Thinks: Oh, Please! Oh, Please! Oh, Please!
- Sisu: Some would call it shredding, but I call it art: A microcosm of America at its best
- The Oubliette: Friday Cat Blogging: Callie looking Regal
- Wildrun: Happiness is your very own cat tree
- bloggo chicago: Friday Cat Blogging #13
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: Emma Inside
- eatstuff: Weekend Cat Blogging 28
- Mensa Barbie: The Techno Cat-sitter: Butterscotch with cat robot-05; boarded 12/17
- Catymology: Friday Cat Blogging: More things to do if you are a cat; boarded 12/17
- Watermark: Friday Cat Blogging on Saturday: PeeWee and DC [DamnCat!] boarded 12/17
- Les Carnets de sbmarie: Weekend Cat Blogging #28: Nala's Fountain boarded 12/17
- A Guy In New York: Saturday catblogging: Loco boarded 12/17
- Anne's Food: Weekend Cat Blogging: Johnson and Lena boarded 12/17
- No Deep Thoughts: Secret Santa: Rhett and Rafe boarded 12/17
- masak-masak: Weekend Cat Blogging #28: The milk bar is now open! boarded 12/18
- Meditation Matters: Friday Cat Blogging! Leroy boarded 12/18
- Kayak soup: Weekend Cat Blogging: Aggie boarded 12/18
- Lali et Cie!: WCB#28: They're back... boarded 12/28
- i am a butterfly...: Christmas Cat boarded 12/18
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Flounder and Squeak boarded 12/18
- It's Morning Somewhere: Took kitty photos today boarded 12/18
- Just Between Strangers: Thursday Kittens - how time flies Pixel boarded 12/18
- My Cats Are French: Friday! Time to Catblog! Mr. Bigglesworth, Zath'ras and Pumpkin boarded 12/18
- Mind of Mog: Lap Wars VI: Krissie and Meowza boarded 12/18
- Music and Cats: Carnival of the Cats #91
- Dharma Bums: The Seagull and the Crab
- Pharyngula: Tentacle Sex, Part Deux and After the sex, the babies
- Firefly Forest Blog: Katydid Nymphs
- Dope and the Slope: Holiday Invertebrate Blogging: Flect the halls
- Firefly Forest Blog: Bee Sleeping in Flower boarded 12/17
- Deep-Sea News: Brooding in a Deep-Sea squid boarded 12/17
- Stand Up And Walk: Christmas Doggies: Casey and Winnie
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog - Seeking Shade: Sasha and Taffy get out this week
- A Stitch In Haste: Friday Diamond Blogging -- Creature (Dis)Comforts
- Cybervassals: happy feckin' birthday to you too.
- Athenamama: New Walk Part Deux: Jacqueline and Angel
- The Common Room: Lonely
- Doug Petch.Com: Blog Your Dog: Jazz
- Cascade Exposures: Rita's girls: Frosty, Jasmine and Nala
- Tbogg: Thursday Night Basset Blogging: Baby, it's cold outside
- Echidne Of The Snakes: Saturday Doggy Blogging boarded 12/17
- Farmgirl Fare: Daily Farm Photo:She's Not Over There; boarded 12/17
- Skulls and Bats: Bat Dog boarded 12/17
- JimBobby Sez: Air Pollution and Laffin' Dogs boarded 12/18
- Dharma Bums: The Seagull and the Crab
- 10,000 Birds: Closer To Our American Kestrel
- Living the Scientific Life: Stellar's Jay, Cyanocitta stelleri and much more in Birds iin the News #39
- Sarangeti: Not All Ducks Quack
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Gouldian Finches
- Facing South: Friday Bird Blogging
- Mike's Birding & Digiscoping Blog: Cooper's Calling Card boarded 12/18
- milkriverblog: Not Really A Cat Friday: Pere David's Deer, Elaphurus davidianus
- Thomasburg Walks: Sightings
- Aetiology: Are fruit bats a resevoir for Ebola?
- Aetiology: Whole hog analysis of emergine diseases
- First Draft: Friday Ferret Blogging: Convalescence Edition boarded 12/17
- Bob Harris: Friday Pudublogging: Australian nesting pudus edition boarded 12/17
- Watermark: Sunday in Montana [Cold Cows] boarded 12/18
- The Blog Pound: Memories of Sweet Pea
- archy: Mammoth days continue
- Niobium: Jaxsun Sings Backup
- Sisu: Some would call it shredding, but I call it art: Babe's Couch No. 2
- The Oubliette: Cats on the Yule/Saturnalia/Christmas/Hanukah Tree
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....