January 6, 2006
Friday Ark #68
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (43 shouts as of 01/05)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks:remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 94th edition will be hosted this week by Pages Turned. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants.
New for the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The fourth edition is up at bootstrap analysis. The 4th edition is scheduled for January 31 and will be hosted by Pharyngula.
NB: Colin is in trouble. All our best to Jazz and Family! May the miracle happen!
- Sisu: Baby: Everything comes out in the wash
- No Deep Thoughts: Eyes Wide Open: Rafe
- Melange: Bathing Willow
- Beezer Song: People Treats?
- Mind of Mog: Wussy Pussy
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat Togetherness: Duncan and Henry
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Cat Textures
- Middle Fork: "Drat, You've Found the Secret Door" Sabaki
- Far Cartouche: Sabaki and Lady wonder,"Wuzza Robin's and Jonah? Ack! Phht!"
- Manx Mnews: Abby Would Like to Teach the World to Sing in Perfect Harmony
- pages turned: Carnival Time: Nicholson and Ellie will be hosting the 94th Carnival of the Cats
- enrevanche: Mister Gato says, "Let's Recycle!"
- Blog d'Elisson: Hot Kitty Skritching Action
- Striving for Average: Cat in the Box
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Edloe the Grumpus
- Smijer & Buck: Momma Thumbs
- Sarangeti: Getting Some Sugar
- Hepcat.daily: Sasha: Christmas Cat
- Catymology: Aloysius Catnapping with El Gato
- Athenamama: Talia Sinks To A New Low
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Piper the Alpha Cat
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Church and Snowball are not kittens...
- Caturday: A Photo Essay On Cat Friends
- Where the Dolphins Play: Feline Fridays: Where Hobbes Plays
- Dope and the Slope: dupliCAT
- Pencil Roving: "Once upon a time": a furry tail
- Running Scared: Colin - the bad news
- Sisu: Tiny: This Could Be A Problem
- bloggo chicago: Friday Cat Blogging #16: The New & Improved Homemade Toy
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Paz, Frankie and Sammy, and Phil
- bloggg: Friday Leaning Feak Bloggging
- Mental multivitamin: Cat M-mv
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Frodo and Pip
- The Loom: Tino Oversees Cat Blogging From Deep Time; Read the Article!
- Allan Thinks: I miss him.
- TacJammer: Friday Catblogging: Mycah
- Eschaton: Friday Cat Blogging
- Balloon Juice: Commenter Cat Blogging
- The Countess: Friday Cat Blogging: Warning! Cute Kitten Alert
- Watermark: Neighbor Kitties; Lucky Kitties; Kinda Kitties
- Ogre's Politics & Views: Crinkle Ear
- No Capital: Catblogging: You've been waiting...
- The Conservative Cat: No Cat Blog Today: The Firl Who Feeds Me
- The Blog Pound: That's A Lot of Candles...scroll down
- feministe: Stalkers: Pablo and Doug
- Desert Rat Democrat: The Triumphal Return of Catblogging: Mojo & Loki
- 7610: Friday Cat Blogging: Blur and Pip have some catnip
- My Cats Are French: The Holidays Are Definitely Over: Pumpkin, Biggie and Zath'ras and Pumpkin So Cal Foodie: WCB #31: Earl boarded 1/7
- eatstuff: WCB 31
- composite drawlings: Ti Grr's on My Lap boarded 1/7
- pages turned: Carnival of the Cats #94
- bootstrap analysis: Circus of the Spineless #4
- the Motel Chronicles: Honeybee on dandelion
- Dope and the Slope: invertebrate quiz: Fall Fliers >
- Pharyngula: Jellyfish and squid cannibalism boarded 1/7
- Niobium: Happy to be home: Jaxsun
- Tbogg: Thursday Night Basset Blogging: Cooder the Good
- Running Scared: Lack of cat blogging, so here's the dog: Kenya
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog - Change of Pace: Sasha and Taffy joined by Lindy and Mick
- Mensa Barbie: A Reindeer in My Kitchen
- Doug Petch.Com: Blog Your Dog: Jazz
- A Stitch In Haste: Friday Diamond Blogging
- Athenamama: Walking in the Rain with the Ones I Love
- Basic Juice: Reggie traded to the Cubs
- Messy Christian: Hello, Good Morning! Nicky and GB
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Dog Blogging: Princess Shayna
- Philobiblon: Friday dog blogging: Champ
- The People's Republic of Seabrook: Happy New Year From the World's Best Puppy
- Passion-Photo: Babybo.....
- Watermark: Friday Cat Blogging: Lucy and Henry
- TacJammer: Friday Dogblogging: Mooch
- Bird brained stories!: I and the Bird #14
- Living the Scientific Life: Horned Puffin, Fratercula corniculata, and much more in Birds in the News #42
- Living the Scientific Life: Gifts From the Birds For the New Year: emale Broad-billed hummingbird, Cynanthus latirostris
- Danielle's Den: Just Pics
- Blog d'Elisson: Ducks Redux
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature Hooded Crow
- Dope and the Slope: Clusterduck: Waterfowl Food Riot
- 10,000 Birds: Another Avian Ailment: Unfortunate House Finch
- Mike Blair Outdoors: Hungry Hawk
- The Motel Chronicles: Six Seagulls Sunset
- Mike's Birding & Digiscoping Blog: Update: Bay Area Red Phalaropes
- Meditation Matters: Wednesday Life Form Blogging
- bootstrap analysis: Brown Creeper
- A DC Birding Blog: Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
- Ballard Avenue: Cormorant on Patrol boarded 1/7
- bogbumper: Norfolk boarded 1/7
- Bird Ecology Study Group: Observations on a Pair of Corw's nest boarded 1/7
- Dope and the Slope: Living in the Shadow of One's Tail: urban squirrel
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday Horse Blogginng
- Farmgirl Fare: Sheep boarded 1/7
- Birdchick Blog: Bunny Approval boarded 1/7
- Paleoblog: Stegodon
- the skwib: Once upon a pretty blue planet
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....