January 13, 2006
Friday Ark #69
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (46 shouts as of 01/12)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks:remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 95th edition will be hosted this week by Niobium. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants.
New for the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The fourth edition is up at bootstrap analysis. The 5th edition is scheduled for January 31 and will be hosted by Pharyngula.
Update 6:31 PM CST: Traveling - no more updates until sometime Saturday.
- Rurality: Please Be Quiet
- Allan Thinks: Sunnin'
- Melange: And They Lived Happily Ever After: Nicky and Who Knows What Evil Lurks? Clover
- Sisu: Tiny, Tiny's Point of View, Baby Looks for Sis, Tiny and Tiny Update
- No Deep Thoughts: Am I my brother's pillow?
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Cat Wars
- Texas Oasis: Friday the 13th Peek-a-Boo Alex
- enrevanche: Vengeful Mouse and Separated At Birth
- Manx Mnews: Abby Enjoys Santa's Lap
- The Oubliette: a point in time catblogging: Callie
- Running Scared: Friday Cat Blogging: Spider and Tome
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: Plato and Smoke in "The Tissue War"
- Catymology: Annals of Catymology: Aloysius Presents Purrs in fact and in litterary theory
- Blog d'Elisson: Hakuna Matata
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging - Under: Milo and Otis
- Elms in the Yard: Friday Catblogging: The Self-Skritching Kittycat
- Striving for Average: Naptime
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Coby, Pixel and Pica
- Athenamama: Thalia's Breakfast
- Watermark: CUTE! Cats
- Far Cartouche: Is this your kitty?
- Middle Fork: Foundling in Ecstasy
- The Wide Awake Cafe: Friday Cat Blogging: Cats Planning a Coup on Friday the Thirteenth
- The Peach Pit: Catnip Kitty
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Regal
- A Shareware Life: Friday Catblogging: Exploring the New Room
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Church and Snowball
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Paz, Phil, Frankie and Sammy
- bloggg: Friday the 13th Feak Bloggging - Out like a light?
- Prophet or Madman: More Blocked Kitty Blues: Milo
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Slow on the Draw: Nardo
- composite drawlings: Bed Bugs
- Basic Juice: Bussi eyes feathery morsels beyond the glass..
- a clever sheep: Friday Cat Blogging: Portia the world's first furry hard drive
- Mensa Barbie: Even Butterscotch Knows
- Mind of Mog: not Psycho Today
- Cathouse Chat: The kittens at play - Pixel and Smudgie boarded 1/14
- eatstuff: WCB 32 boarded 1/14
- bloggo chicago: Friday Cat Blogging #17: Angelo boarded 1/14
- The Common Room: Leo
- Science and Politics: new cat boarded 1/14
- Stand Up And Walk: They Hate Me
- Running Scared: Blog Your Dog: Kenya Has Too Many Toys
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog - Summer Rain: Sasha and Taffy
- Doug Petch.Com: Blog Your Dog: start with sleeping dogs... http://www.athenamama.com/cgi-bin/mt/archives/000273.html
- Cybervassals: Psycho
- Rurality: Further Adventures in Bad Bird Photography
- A DC Birding Blog: Ducks at the National Zoo: Wood Ducks and Mallards
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature It's another bird...
- Living the Scientific Life: Western Grebe, Aechmophorus occidentalis
- Soloblog: Ostrich
- 10,000 Birds: More Common Merganser
- Elvis Drinkmo: Eastern Bluebirds boarded 1/15
- Rurality: Coyote (Canis latrans) and White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus and Say Cheese!
- Blog d'Elisson: Something Fishy
- Moment of Science: "Some Pig", "Terrific", "Radiant", "Humble"
- Farmgirl Fare: Donkey Doodle Dandy Soaks Up Some Morning Sun
- Farmgirl Fare: Self-Serve Sheep Breakfast boarded 1/14
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....
Posted by Steve on January 13, 2006