February 10, 2006
Friday Ark #73
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (48 shouts as of 02/09)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks:remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 99th edition will be hosted this week by Watermark. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants.
New for the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The fifth edition is up at Pharyngula. The 6th edition is scheduled for February 28 and will be hosted by Science and Politics.Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- Melange: Cat Lips and If Looks Could Kill
- Sisu:Scratchin' Babe's Ear,Baby has a bit of Majesty Danish ham and The stunning Tiny
- No Deep Thoughts: Kitty Tails
- Word Whammy: Kitty Comfort: Roxie and Archie
- enrevanche: Guest cat: Meet Demerara
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Cat Blocking
- Texas Oasis: Friday double meatloaf stuffed donut
- Science and Politics: Wednesday Cat Blogging: Biscuit and Miss Marbles
- Manx Mnews: Boozie finds comfort in the kitchen sink.
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: It's a cat-eat-three-headed dog world
- pages turned: Ellie considers exercise as an alternative
- The Peach Pit: Are We That boring?
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: Grace really is a queen
- Cathouse Chat: Only a cat! Smudgie
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Nardo the Stripey
- sleeping mommy: Big Bully
- Caturday: My Life in Cats Part One
- Basic Juice: Ladies Love Lyle's Baby Blues
- Catymology: Of monks and their cats
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging - Bed Bandit!: Otis
- bloggo chicago: Friday Cat Blogging #21: Basil Dry Clean Only
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Mid-lick: Piper
- animal family: rollercoaster week
- timothydickens.com: My Dark Side
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat - Supervision
- I was NOT named for a cookie!!! RIGHT?: 100,000th visitor!! Oreo
- bootstrap analysis: cat in the tub!
- The Mystery of the Haunted Vampire: Friday vampire cat blogging
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: Ginger
- Watermark: Cat Valentine Carnival
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Frankie, Paz, Phil and Sammy
- catnabbit!: Undercover Cat Detective Eager to Discuss Terms of Employment
- Because It's Better: Friday Cat Blogging: Princess Mia Bella
- She Who Will Be Obeyed: And now for a moment of Kitty Zen
- Mind of Mog: Oliver
- Leslie's Omnibus: Friday Cat Blogging: Big Cat Blogging
- The Dees Diversion: Friday cat blogging: lap o' luxury edition
- Little Cat Feet: Zzzzzz Scout
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging - Here's Cotton
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Starbuck and Nelson
- Wind in the Wire: Squirrely cat photo: Callie
- composite drawlings: Catblog Friday: Besame Mucho
- A Shareware Life: Friday Catblogging - A Couch with Two Kitties: Ace and Pumpkin
- Eschaton: Friday Cat Blogging and Bonus Cat Blogging
- The Neutral Zone Trap: Friday Cat Blogging: Pyramid Scheme
- Ocellated: Friday Cat Blogging: The Bruce's Ears
- LadyGun: When Cat Scratch Fever
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging (Evening Edition) | The Cage: Otis and Milo
- Blog d'Elisson: Feeding Time - With a Difference
- eatstuff: WCB 36 boarded 2/11
- Multi Manimal: Friday Quote & Cat Blogging boarded 2/11
- Pen Elayne: Friday Cat Blogging: Amy on the Vanity boarded 2/11
- andrethegiant: Mara*** boarded 2/11
- Cynical-C Blog: Friday Back From Vegas and Getting Married Cat Blogging boarded 2/11
- No Fancy Name: it's friday! there are cats! boarded 2/11
- Later On: Friday cat blogging: Sophie sitting at attention boarded 2/11
- Niches: Cleanup Party: Ob-cat boarded 2/11
- Elms in the Yard: Cats about Town
- Coyote Mercury: Weekend Cat Blogging: The Last Thing the Spider Saw boarded 2/12
- notes from the kelp: Friday cat and dino blogging: Smudge boarded 2/12
- feministe: Friday Cat Blogging: Bliss boarded 2/12
- Sisu:Babe - Off the Deep End boarded 2/12
- Watermark: Carnival of the Cats #99 ~ Valentine Edition
- Science and Politics: wasp and a cockroach
- Henry's Webiocosm Blog: Friday Ant Blogging: Ants, Pupae and Larvae
- Snail's Tales: An alien in Florida: Subulina octona
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod: Sepioteuthis sepiodea in flagrante
- Firefly Forest Blog: The Assassinated Honeybee
- Deep-Sea News: Krill Feces Important...
- Sisu: Stella, dog genious
- BoazDogBlog: Down Periscope! Boaz
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog - "MORE WALKS!": Sasha and Taffy
- sleeping mommy: Big Bully
- Athenamama: Angel Gets a Hair Cut
- Tbogg: Thursday Night Basset Blogging: Disturbed sleep
- Athenamama: Tres Hermanas (Three Sisters)
- Battlepanda: Friday Schnauzer Blogging: Awww... My dog is cute.
- Bioluminescence: Name The Puppy
- bloggg: Friday Pooch Pre-Snow Bloggging! Baby, it's COLD outside!!!
- Cascade Exposures: Ah, Therapy...Maestro
- Coyote Mercury: Weekend Hound Blogging: Phoebe boarded 2/11 and Siesta boarded 2/12
- Living the Scientific Life: Feline Owlet-Nightjar, Aegotheles insignis and much more in Birds in the News #46
- Rurality: Visitors: Canada Geese, Branta canadensis
- Skulls and Bats: Flamingo Tuesday
- 10,000 Birds: A handsome House Finch
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Cardinal
- Living the Scientific Life: Lost Bird of Paradise Found, In Paradise: Bird of Paradise, Parotia berlepschi
- A DC Birding Blog: Friday Gull Blogging #3
- Bird Ecology Study Group: To swallow and regurgitate? Not the Yellow-vented Bulbul!
- Birdchick Blog: Gonna Make Those Pigeons Work
- bogbumper: Bathtime again: Chaffinches
- James Norton Photography!: Duck found at a local stream
- Left I on the News: Laysan Albatross
- Moment of Science: I wonder what they'd do with the animals in a privatized National Park?
- Sunidesus Sees: A New Friend: Tight Fit and Kisses!
- Rurality: More game cam: Coyote, raccoon and deer
- Ratablog: It's been awhile since we had a Jack picture
- James Norton Photography!: Frog in Field
- Ogre's Politics & Views: The Llama Nose
- Farmgirl Fare: It's A Girl! boarded 2/12
- Mensa Barbie: In Memoriam: Russell P.
- Sisu: Forked Tongue and The World Laughs With You
- WoodSong: Pretty Foxy
- Thoughts Outside My Head: Cabernet, here I come!
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....