April 14, 2006
Friday Ark #82
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post (Don't panic if you get back an "internal server error" message. Haven't been able to figure out why this is happening but comments still seem to post.),
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Use the Blog Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (55 shouts as of 04/13) BTW, the slideshow of the pics folks included is pretty nifty!
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 108th edition will be hosted this week by Begin Each Day As If It Were On Purpose. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The seventh edition is up at Research at a Snail's Pace. The 8th edition will be hosted at the end of April by Get Busy Livin', or Get Busy Bloggin'.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
Alert: Updates may be slow today between 10:30 and 4:30 EDT.
- No Deep Thoughts: Happy Easter
- enrevanche: Kittycat as bodhisattva
- Caturday: Kittens Happen
- Sisu: Baby Cakes, Tiny, KT Cat, Baby reprised and Hippety, Hoppity
- Catymology: Aloysious says - R.I.P: Tigers Tango and Meme
- Beezer Song: I'm Famous
- pages turned: When good cats go gargoyle
- Mensa Barbie: Daffodils, and What Else?
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging - The Junkyard Kittens: You looking for trouble, buddy?
- Far Cartouche: Kwan Yin and Maple await the herds
- Mind of Mog: Lost No Really: Jezi
- Melange: Clover: Cat In The Box
- composite drawlings: Good Friday Catblog: No war today - BBD and Aye Aye have come to ... accord
- Jelly Pizza: All your bunnies are belong to us
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Sleepy-eyed Lyra
- Two Black Cats: Two black cats go hunting in pairs!
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat - Catblogging: On the Job
- Creatures of the Earth: Cato is running for governor
- Poetic Leanings: Friday Cat Blogging: I eat, sleep, play and get my belly rubbed...
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat - Made For Love: Friday Cat - Made for love">It's Jax's turn to do "the pose"
- Why Travel to France: Lucky French Black Cat
- Stereophilia: Patooey to Youey and No You Didn't!
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging: Napping Milo & Hiding Otis
- Cascade Exposures: Baby Pictures
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: It's time for Nardo the Unwise
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Nardo Yawns
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: Bandit and Smoke - Let us out.
- Basic Juice: The Easter Bunny doesnt just hide eggs
- The Common Room: The Kitten
- Lisa Violet's Diary: Catstuff: Stuff Handsome eats
- Elms in the Yard: Little Explorer
- Middle Fork: Tinker Looks Out At Mrs. Apple
- Bookworm: Friday Cat Blogging
- A Shareware Life: Pretty Good Friday CatBlogging: Inquisitor, Ace and Pumpkin
- Niobium: Spring: All Three Cats Are Out
- The Wide Awake Cafe: Rest, Sleepful Rest: Captain, Sabby and Amos
- Sunidesus Sees: Kitties: Kieran and Aidan
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Snowball and Church
- Striving for Average: The Friday Cat Picture: Chocolate Chip
- animal family: Cat Pie
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Nelson
- Later On: Friday cat blogging: Megs, Cleaning Up
- Watermark: Friday Cat Blogging
- Bad Attitudes: Easter Catblogging
- andrethegiant: Left Paw Society
- A Blog, Purr-say: Playing in the Jungles
- The Dees Diversion: Friday cat blogging - Tennis Fan Edition: Velma launches the online scoreboard
- "...it's all Good.": Lizzie Soaks Up the Rays
- Dorte's Smadderkasse: Sooo! Cool!
- Heather's Space: Spooks likes the new couch....
- Heretic Spire, A Damn Lie: Silly little zombie
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Phil, Paz, Sammy and Frankie
- i am a butterfly...: Friday Cat Blogging: Typical male Behavior
- Manx Mnews: Easter Bunny Boo
- jenett.: Fuzzy Friend
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging: Peep Show
- timothydickens.com: A Divine Package
- LadyGunn: Sidney Birdwatching boarded 4/15
- Pencil Roving: Sometimes it's not easier to work at home. boarded 4/15
- A Guy In New York: Saturday catblogging: Luca Relaxes... boarded 4/15
- State of the Day: Friday Tweek Blogging; boarded 4/15
- Dohiyi Mir: Goodfriday Gooddogblogging: Max plus Sam returns; boarded 4/15
- eatstuff: WCB 45: Easter Edition boarded 4/15
- Photographically: Chanell Poses for her first pictures; boarded 4/16
- Where the Dolphins Play: Feline
FridaySunday! boarded 4/16
- Blog d'Elisson: In The Bag boarded 4/16
- Begin Each Day As If It Were on Purpose: Carnival of the Cats #108
- A DC Birding Blog: Friday Butterfly
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod: Southern Blue-ringed Octopus, Hapalochlaena maculosa
- bootstrap analysis: the ultimate Crevice bug: Earwig boarded 4/15
- Thomasburg Walks: A Wall Spider boarded 4/15
- Dope and the Slope: Spineless Spring: Invertebrate Blogging Returns boarded 4/15
- Melange: Max: "Thank you & Happy Easter!"
- Tbogg: Thursday Night Basset Blogging: Beckham - Boy dog pondering
- A Stitch In Haste: Friday Diamond Blogging -- Put a Sock In It!
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: Enjoy the Moment
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Friday A.M. Pet Pic: Ziggy Stardust and the Kyan Pup
- The Naked Truth: Pug Puppies Everywhere
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Dog Blogging: Princess Shayna
- Ironicus Maximus: Friday Hound Blogging: Lisa is very outgoing...
- Justin's Random Thoughts: Friday Dogblogging: Petey
- Athenamama: 48 Hours: Jacqueline
- Hoarded Ordinaries: Full: Reggie
- Dohiyi Mir: Goodfriday Gooddogblogging:Max plus Sam returns; boarded 4/15
- Dharma Bums: Winging It: Band-Tailed Pigeon, Hummingbird, and Cormorant
- Cup O'Books: I and the Bird #21
- 10,000 Birds: Eran's Israeli Avifauna
- A DC Birding Blog: Birds of the Mid-Atlantic #6: Yellow-rumped Warbler
- i-pets.com blog: Mr. Lonely
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Hummingbirds
- Henry's Webiocosm Blog: Friday Bird Blogging: Pine Warblers,Dendroica pinus
- Facing South: Friday Bird Blogging: Hawk
- James Norton Photography!: Bird Eating Seeds!
- Tortoise Trail: Female House Finch boarded 4/15
- Music and Cats: It is nature that is all; boarded 4/15
- Dharma Bums: Another Bobcat
- Burningbird: White-tailed Deer
- afarensis: Baby Cannibal Amphibians Eat Mom
- Middle Earth Journal: Friday Squirrel Blogging
- The Scratching Post: The World's Most Expensive Hamster
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....Update (4/7/06): Haloscan has beome much worse. Last week I was able to get TBs through to only a few sites before it stopped accepting them even after long intervals.Posted by Steve on April 14, 2006