April 28, 2006
Friday Ark #84
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
Alert: The Ark crew is traveling and expects to have limited net accesss for the next four days. Boardings will be slow....
Alert 2 - 4/28 : The Ark's hosting site and others has been under DOS attack for some time. If you see this alert message you know that it resolved before staff left for today's field trips. There may be few or no updates until tonight.
Alert 3 - 4/28 2:00 PM EDT: The good news: our hosting site appears to have recovered. The bad news: the boarders you see are the ones we have. If you submitted or tried to trackback and don't see your boarder listed please resubmit. We apologize for the inconvenience. Back tonight....
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post (Don't panic if you get back an "internal server error" message. Haven't been able to figure out why this is happening but comments still seem to post.). Also note that all comments are now moderated,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Use the Blog Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (57 shouts as of 04/27) BTW, the slideshow of the pics folks included is pretty nifty!
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 110th edition will be hosted this week by Furry Paws. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The seventh edition is at Research at a Snail's Pace. The 8th edition will be up Sunday April 30 hosted by Get Busy Livin', or Get Busy Bloggin'.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- enrevanche: El gato es nuestra jefe
- Sisu: A catwalk on the wild side, "You can't hit what you can't see" and Resting comfortably
- Life in a Litterbox: I am Cat. Hear me purr.
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: AtTax Time
- Leslie's Omnibus: Traveling Companions
- Catymology: A zebra mussel with name tags
- No Deep Thoughts: PJ and the Boyz present Friday Cat Blogging
- Beezer Song: At the end of a long day, vitamin love
- Melange: How Comfortable Are You, With The Look?
- Blog d'Elisson: The Cone of Stupidity and Lap Cat
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Sergei testing the ergonomics of my new office chair.
- Manx Mnews: Gratitude
- Two Black Cats: Arty Being Adorable!
- Jelly Pizza: Another Friday Ark...Another Nap!
- Elms in the Yard: Heavy Petting
- pages turned: Claudius, Nicholson and Ellie don't mind sharing...
- Mensa Barbie: The Flowerbed
- Stereophilia: Who Said Cats Have Dignity? and Bottom Feeding
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Piper drinking from...
- Caturday: Places to go, Things to do
- Texas Oasis: Friday King Kong Kat
- LadyGunn: Kitty Crack
- Striving for Average: Pepsi Cat
- Watermark: Friday Cat Blogging: Spike being nice to Boo and Bonus Edition
- The Wide Awake Cafe: Cats in the Kitchen
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Paz, Sammy, Phil and Frankie
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging: Milo Under the Table and Otis Looking for Their Tails
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Church, Snowball, and feline hygiene boarded 4/30
- Farmgirl Fare: Weekend Cat Blogging #47: Molly Doodlebug boarded 4/30
- The Columnist Manifesto: Trained Cat instead of gargoyle on roof; boarded 5/1
- I love humans: lady says I love my humans
- Watermark: To write, or not to write...
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: "Dexter is Bored"
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Weekend Pet Sniff: What's in the grass, Kyan?
- Snail's Tales: Crane Fly
- Dope and the Slope: Weekly Invertebrate Blogging: Super Fly
- Melange: The Lady & HEr Lunch
- Henry's Webiocosm Blog: Friday Spider Blogging: Brown Recluse, Loxosceles reclusa boarded 4/20
- Home Bird Notes: I and the Bird #22
- Middle Earth Journal: Friday Bird Blogging: Great Blue Heron
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Barred Owl
- Firefly Forest Blog: Bronzed Cowbird
- Life in a Cage: I'm a Rabbit
- I'm a Gerbil: presents About me
- Seven Silly Southern Sisters: A post I should have done a long time ago: Copperhead and Skunk
- Farmgirl Fare: Sheep Freedom Day 2..., Sheep Freedom Day 3... and Snugglebunny's Twins; boarded 4/30
- The Common Room: The Turtle and The Raccoon boarded 4/30
- Coyote Mercury: Weekend Hound Blogging: Nigel George
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....