June 2, 2006
Friday Ark #89
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post (Don't panic if you get back an "internal server error" message. Haven't been able to figure out why this is happening but comments still seem to post.). Also note that all comments are now moderated,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Use the Blog Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (61 shouts as of 06/01)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 114th edition, 5/28, is up at Niobium. The 115th edition will be hosted by TacJammer on 6/4. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 24th edition is up and hosted by Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding. The 25th edition will be hosted on 6/8 by Rob's Idaho Perspective.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The ninth edition is up at Burning Silo. The 10th edition will be hosted at the end of june by, well, ...stay tuned.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- Solidly Average: Ta(i)l(e)
- Sisu: Babe is a lionheart
- Elms in the Yard: The Colors of Cats
- Catymology: My staff will get back to you
- Melange: One Cat Leads........ To Another and Miss Scarlett Tries Yoga
- My Cats Are French: It Worked! Finally! (Kind Of)
- Blog d'Elisson: Felis Recumbens
- Mona Lisa's Secret: Strike Up A Pose: Golly
- Beezer Song: Baby Talk
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Back to the Basics
- Manx Mnews: My Little Mail Helper
- Poetic Leanings: Friday Cat Blogging: Ok, attack!!!
- Texas Oasis: New Cats on the Block Friday
- enrevanche: Yippie ki yi yo...
- Two Black Cats: Friday Catblogging whatever the weather
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Slowly she turned...
- Striving for Average: Let me Help You with Your Hat
- Mind of Mog: Too irresistable, Bazel posing for the camera
- Gigolokitty!: The Name Is Bond! Giggy Bond! pt#3
- Stereophilia: He Shoots, He Scores and Does My Butt Look Big?
- The Wide Awake Cafe: No Beer for Sabby
- Cathouse Chat: Catblogging the last day of school
- Watermark: Friday Cat Reading
- Jelly Pizza: Hurry, I can't stand to be last! Leslie's Omnibus: Traveling Companions: Tiger Boots
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Phil, Sammy, Frankie and Paz
- Because It's Better: TGI Friday Cat Blogging: Princess Mia Bella
- Sisu: The Babe and Tiny were not Amused
- Au fil du temps: Loulou aka Diva
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: The 59th St cat
- andrethegiant: Friday Cat Blogging from the Left Paw Society
- A Blog, Purr-say: sleepy time gal ---
- I was NOT named for a cookie!!! RIGHT?: My new furriend......
- Val's Bien: Cat Got Your Tongue!
- Shaken & Stirred: What They Do All Day
- Good Nonsense: Friday Cat blogging: Best Picture Ever Edition
- Later On: Friday cat blogging: Megs Sunning Herself
- The Dees Diversion: Friday cat blogging - French Open edition, part 1
- TacJammer: Bounce is the Queen of her domain
- Middle Fork:
Thirsty Maple Kitty
- Begin Each Day As If It Were on Purpose: You Make a Better Footstool Than Window!
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Friday Catblogging: Not On My To Do List
- The Painted Dragonfly: Feline Friday: Aos boarded 6/3
- Josh's Weblog: Feline Friday: Snowball and Church boarded 6/3
- Mensa Barbie: Ask a True Persian: Video Answer boarded 6/3
- Keewee's Corner: Rocket boarded 6/3
- The Little Professor: Friday Cat Blogging boarded 6/3
- Where the Dolphins Play: Where's Gryphon? boarded 6/3
- diary of a Mad Cat: I'd rather be asleep; boarded 6/3
- LadyGunn: The Keeper of the Gate boarded 6/3
- Musings...: Boots and Tess are ready to party! boarded 6/3
- Tiny Bubbles: Feline Friday: Bella has a photo shoot; boarded 6/3
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging - Suppertime and Which photo is more exciting? boarded 6/4
- eatstuff: WCB52 One year Anniversary! boarded 6/4
- Edsel/The Pooch: nice June day boarded 6/4
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: Sasha and Dexter went out for the final days of May
- Red Peonies: Nola's Heroic Recovery
- Athenamama: Cousin Darla
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Austrian Pug
- Through Our Eyes: And then there’s Bear
- Coyote Mercury: Weekend Hound Blogging: FREAKOUT!
- Natural Visions: The Creature of Pughole Lake
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Dog Blogging: Princess Shayna
- Val's Bien: A New Resident in the Garden
- Shaken & Stirred: What They Do All Day
- Ironicus Maximus: Friday Hound Blogging: Happyis a very happy, sweet girl
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Weekend Pet Pic: Ziggy Stardust
- Justin's Random Thoughts: When Bear Was A Puppy boarded 6/3
- Space Monkey Pants: chihuahuapalooza! boarded 6/4
- Dispensing Happiness: WDB: Tired Puppies boarded 6/4
- Bird Treatment and Learning Center: Do we have baby birds?
- Bill of the Birds: Atop the Weeping Willow
- Au fil du temps: Émissaire du silence
- Birding is NOT a crime!!!!: I Hate Gulls: Mystery Gull
- Bird Ecology Study Group: Great and Rhinoceros Hornbills
- skippy the bush kangaroo: friday cockatiel blogging
- Facing South: Bluebirds boarded 6/3
- Earth, Wind & Water: Easter bunny - take II: Lapwings boarded 6/4
- Julie Zickefoose: Horseshoe Crab Festival: Ruddy turnstones boarded 6/4
- Burning Silo: Circus of the Spinless - Edition #9
- Thomasburg Walks: Floats like a Hummingbird
- Photographically: Common Buckeye
- Burning Silo: Just Before Sunset
- Premenopaws: Odonata, My Favorite Bug
- Middle Fork: Apple Blossoms Goldenrod Spider Guards Her Nest boarded 6/3
- No Deep Thoughts: Friday
catoOps I mean cow blogging
- Henry's Webiocosm Blog: Friday Herp Blogging: Green Anole, Anolis carolinensis
- bogbumper: Hares
- Rosetta Stones: Friday Beaver Blogging: "Hello, I am cute!"
- Rigor Vitae: Life Unyielding Snappers boarded 6/3
- Watermark: Saturday Squirrel Blogging boarded 6/3
- The Firefly Forest: Smoky Jungle Frog (Leptodactylus pentadactylus) boarded 6/4
- Living the Scientific Life: Giant Armored Dinosaur Discovered; boarded 6/4
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....