June 16, 2006
Friday Ark #91
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
Storm Warning: As noted yesterday:
Well, not exactly a storm but there will be rough weather for this week's Ark. The crew will be on the road with limited or no network access Thursday-Monday.
The Ark will start boarding as usual in the wee hours Friday but updates will be even less timely than usual and may be delayed as much as a day...or longer.
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment (moderated) or trackback (may be broken) to this post (Don't panic if you get back an "internal server error" message. Haven't been able to figure out why this is happening but comments still seem to post.).
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Use the Blog Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (61 shouts as of 06/15)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 116th edition, 6/11 is up at Gigolo Kitty. The 117th edition will be hosted by Mind of Mog on 6/18. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 25th edition is up and hosted by Rob's Idaho Perspective. The 26th edition will be hosted on 6/22 by The Hawk Owls' Nest.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The ninth edition is up at Burning Silo. The 10th edition will be hosted at the end of june by Science and Sensibility.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
Update 9:24 MDT June 16, 2006: Probably no more updates until tonight.
- enrevanche: Best seat in the house
- Sisu: No Pet LEft Behind and Tiny Power Naps
- Mona Lisa's Secret: Furry Brothers: Archie and Golly
- Beezer Song: Play Time
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat - Catblogging: Coming Out of the Cupboard
- Melange: Look Into My Eyes
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cats - We belong together.
- Stereophilia: Huckleberry Imitates the Tiger and On the Other Hand
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Kitty wants coffee
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Piper and Nardo
- No Deep Thoughts: Friday Cat Blogging: The New Baby
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Pixel and Pica
- Middle Fork: Lady and the Franken Fern
- Two Black Cats: Friday Catblogging: Where are they?
- The Annotated Budok: New Box For Angel
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Defending the Chair
- The Wide Awake Cafe: Captain's Chair
- Cascade Exposures: Yogi Spectra
- Elms in the Yard: A Day for the Ladies
- Manx Mnews: When You Think You Have Problems...And Don'tBoo
- Jelly Pizza: Taboo, Pretending It's Not Friday...
- Leslie's Omnibus: Traveling Companions
- Watermark: Bad Cats
- LadyGunn: Lot-O-Scritches
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Phil, Frankie, Paz and Sammy
- Mind of Mog: The Cat And The Plant
- Tiny Bubbles: Friday Ark
- Catymology: Indulging Myself
- The Peach Pit: A Cat And His Computer
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging - The four who rule the roost and Kitty TV boarded 6/18
- The Amazing Adventures...: The one that got away boarded 6/18
- 7610: cute furball ferals boarded 6/18
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog - Winter Andante with Sasha and Dexter
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Dog Blogging: Princess Shayna
- Athenamama: At the Movies with Angel and Jacqueline
- Tiny Bubbles: Friday Ark
- Justin's Random Thoughts: Taking A Peek
- The Naked Truth: Friday Puppy Blogging: Walk?
- A DC Birding Blog: Birds of the Mid-Atlantic #12: Black-crowned Night-heron
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: hooded crow
- Julie Zickefoose: The Blessing of Thrashers
- 10,000 Birds: Willow Flycatcher
- Fresh Paint: Peregrine Falcon Friday click through
- Henry's Webiocosm Blog: Friday Bird Blogging: Sandpiper
- Solidly Average: Doe, A Dear, A Female Dear
- Living the Scientific Life: Rare Cousin to the Giraffe Found
- Why Travel to France: Unsheepish Luc
- Watermark: Squirrel Blossom boarded 6/17
- Cynical-C Blog: The Asian Giant Hornet
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod: Octopus and diver
- The Firefly Forest: Sara Longwing Butterfly (Heliconius Sara Theudela)
- Thomasburg Walks: Fleabane and more....
- Middle Fork: Flower, Flower Spider, Fly boarded 6/17
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: In Memoriam - Festus
- Living the Scientific Life: The Rise of The Feathered Dragons
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....