August 25, 2006
Friday Ark #101
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
You can find out how to board the Friday Ark at the Arkive Page (construction underway).
ARK ALERT: The staff is leaving again. Sometime Friday morning we will depart for a long weekend and will be on the road most of the day. Connectivity may be very limited until Monday night. Any boarders that we do not get on the Ark by Sunday afternoon will have priority boarding on next week's Ark.
Update 11:56 AM CDT: One the road. No more updates until....?
- Chris Dolley: Reigning Cats and Dogs
- Catymology: How DO you mew?
- Sisu: Lengthy sequences...., Isn't she lovely? and Feline body language
- Mensa Barbie: Caviar and Classical...
- enrevanche: Hello Kitty
- Melange: A Rumbly Tumbly
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: A Cat's Tail
- The Yellow Doggerel Democrat: Friday Falling Water Blogging
- Derby, The Sassy Cat: Cat's Outta the Bag
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday Cat Blogging - Sgt Mango
- Later On: Cat blogging: where Sophie once fit
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Inspector Z
- Manx Mnews: 3 Cats and A Hurricane
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat: Alex doesn't get it
- Stereophilia: Do Not Adjust Your Dial and Led Huckelin
- Val's Bien: The Tigger
- Take Joy!: Where CAts Sleep
- T.Bird On A Wire: Conspiring cats
- Elms in the Yard: Tuxxie in the Garden
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Treats for Nardo and Piper
- pages turned: Claudius, The Startle Puss
- Lisa Violet's Diary: Claws
- Anchored by Grace: Exploring the Backyard
- Cascade Exposures: Kitty Artshots and TGIF
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: nardo the Unwise
- No Deep Thoughts: Trio of Trouble
- Middle Fork: Two Kitty Stories
- Far Cartouche: Sabaki Watchs the Muscidaemantic Rituals
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Pixel and Pica
- The Scratching Post: Prowler
- composite drawlings: Friday Catblog: Breakfast at Furfur's
- Chris Dolley: Reigning Cats and Dogs
- Val's Bien: Trixie, Old Girl
- Cybervassals: Jupiter loves the ocean
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: A very, very tired dog
- Athenamama: The Return of Twinkie
- Julie Zickefoose: Pine Sisken and Hummingbird
- 10,000 Birds: Least Sandpiper
- Melange: Recycled (Nest, Not Post)
- The Scratching Post: Hawaiian Red Crested Cardinal
- A DC Birding Blog: Bachman's Warbler in Cuba?
- The Urban Pantheist: 365 Urban Species. #235: Stag Beetle, Lucanus capreolus
- Words & Pictures: A good day for hunting dragons
- Middle Fork: Two Views of a Forest Spider
- Burning Silo: sooner or later it was bound to happen: Monarch caterpillar into Chrysalis
- Melange: Tucker "Dude": 1989 - 2006
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (73 shouts as of 08/17)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 126th edition, 8/20 is up at Red Peonies. The 127th edition will be hosted by eatstuff's Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The 11th edition is up at Words & Pictures. The 12th edition will be hosted August 31st by Sunbeams From Cucumbers.
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted "too rapidly" by the same host. I don't know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I'm sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh....