January 26, 2007
Friday Ark #123
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
Do link to the Ark every week!
You can find out how to board the Friday Ark at the Arkive page.
- Chris Dolley: I am Fluffy A Kitten's Guide to to Nigerian Tuna Spam and A Kitten's Guide to Washing Up
- houseofchaos: The Kitchen of Chaos Make-Over (part 1)
- Catymology: A pear-shaped cat sings the blues
- Sisu: Baby, Tiny and Friends and Babe Meatloafs
- No Deep Thoughts: Friday Cat Blogging: Why I don't make the bed
- The Scratching Post: Feline Action Movie!
- stillpoint: kitten cousins...
- Melange: Twofer Tuesday: Nicky and Willow and A Conversation (Of Sorts) With Miss Clover
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging: The two youngest
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Blaze concentrates as he prepares to scratch...
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging: Get Outta My Box!
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: In which Sasha looks the way I feel
- Bad Kitty Cats: Friday Cat Blogging 15 Cats 1 Dog and Hurricane Katrina
- Manx Mnews: Magical Cateye
- Texas Oasis: Catblogging - Firecat
- KeesKennis: My CatGrandChildren
- Val's Bien: Eli, Waiting for the Lap
- Take Joy!: Theo, by the fire and Mr. Schmoodge, Being Coy
- xenogere /strange behavior/: Is this spot taken? Yazra and Grendel
- Athenamama: Tiki Thalia
- Lisa Violet's Diary: It’s Tummy Tuesday #26!: Baby, it’s cold outside, The leaves aren't appealing and Lorelei poses for Tummy Tuesday
- Sunbeams From Cucumbers: Friday Animal Blogging: The hunter (Jackson) has spotted his prey (Death Machine)
- Middle Fork: Rota ting Maple Mandala
- The Poor Mouth: Robyn
- composite drawlings: Friday Catblog: The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant
- Stereophile: Happy To Be Me and It Would Be So Nice If You Weren't Here
- Catymology: New! Self-brushing model
- Leslie's Omnibus: Traveling Companions: Sometimes the Divine Miss Marilyn's just a blur of fur, and then... I'm thinking Taboo's outside the box...
- anniemiz: Friday Cat Blogging: Hot Fun in the Wintertime
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Paz, Sammy, Phil and Frankie
- Pencil Roving: Crafty cat
- China Cat's blog: Sunshine in Bed
- Mind of Mog: Tongue ‘n Toes Thursday #6 Izzy
- willow's cat blog: Coffee Table Toys...
- iInfidel: Pet me
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Spying on the Cavekitties!
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Nardo the Freak
- Elms in the Yard: Downtown Tortie boarded 1/27
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat - Catblogging: Desktop Wallpaper for Cat Lovers boarded 1/28
- Bucket O' Bulletz: A boy and his dog
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: For Sasha and Dexter, the camera is Framing The Familar
- Athenamama: Dogs in the Hall
- Burning Silo: cold days & coyote - Sabrina
- Musing Minds: Are Shih Tzus Supposed to Herd
- composite drawlings: Dogblog: Clyde claims Pop's shoe
- Justin's Random Thoughts: Bruiser just loves chewing on bones
- Gus The Blue Heeler: Chewing on Dad
- Blog d'Elisson: I Like Big Cats and I Can Not Lie
- Neurophilosophy: African cichlids (Astatotilapia burtoni)
- KeesKennis: Is it white on black or black on white?
- enrevanche: Of lemurs, lorises and layups
- Burning Silo: a midnight serenade by the local coyote pack (Canis latrans)
- Sunbeams From Cucumbers: Friday Animal Blogging: The The hunter (Jackson) has spotted his prey (Death Machine)
- A Snail's Eye View: I and the Bird #41
- Take Joy!: Evander, Guard Turkey
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Laughing Gull
- A DC Birding Blog: Loose Feathers #83
- Thomasburg Walks: My raptor problem, part 37
- Pharyngula: Blue and gold: Sepioteuthis sepioidea
- Burning Silo: a look at Goldenrod Crab Spiders (Misumena vatia)
- The Daily Kos: Marine Life Series: Responsible Shrimp Buying
- Middle Fork: The Dead in Iraq - May They Rest in Peace; memorial at the University of Oregon,Eugene OR USA.
Didn't Make It
Exceptions (inclusion not guaranteed)
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 148th edition, 1/21, is up at Enrevanche. The 149th edition will be hosted by Mind of Mog on 1/28. There are more weekly cats at Weekend Cat Blogging hosted on 1/27-28 by Kate in the Kitchen . Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 41st edition is up and hosted by Snail's Eye View. The 42nd edition will be hosted on 2/2 by Neurophilosophy.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The 16th edition is up at The force that through.... The 16th edition will be hosted at the end of January by The Voltage Gate.
Over the past month or so Haloscan started (the end of July) handling of trackbacks has improved though it is still pretty broken for carnival type posts. Now, instead of rejecting every attempt to ping it accepts single pings for a while and then will start rejecting them. I will keep trying to track back to Haloscan boarders but can make no guarantees for any particular week.
Note for Typepad Users:
Typepad continues to behave similar to Haloscan for trackbacks. I been able to get trackbacks to most, if not all, Typepad based boarders. I have to do it one at a time and wait a while in between pings but Typepad does not go into semi-permanent rejection mode like Haloscan.Posted by Steve on January 26, 2007