April 9, 2010
Friday Ark #290
We'll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and....?
Visit all the boarders, Link to the Ark and check back for updates through Sunday afternoon!
You can board the Friday Ark by submitting your post here, leaving a comment or a trackback to this post or emailing fridayark AT themodulator.org. NOTE: Trackbacks seem to broken right now.
You can find previous editions at the not quite up to date Arkives page.
- Count Your Chicken! We're Taking Over!: Garfunkel Feels Pretty
- Allan Thinks: Black Panther Party ~ Luci
- Life from a Cat's Perspective: Finally Friday: Silly Picture with Samantha & Clementine
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging ~ Gargoyle Job Action
- It's Morning Somewhere: Friday Cat Blogging ~ strange kitties
- This, That & The Other Thing: Feline Friday ~ Munchkin's hiding place
- Elms in the Yard: Cat on Tour
- Rondeau Ric: Maggie plays hide and go seek
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Mystie Baby
- My Cats and Funny Stories: Feel spring in different ways ~ Rosie, Arthur and Pookie
- Take Joy!: Kali
- It's All Good.: Today At Tabby's Place ~ Fern
- No Deep Thoughts: Trouble
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging ~ Dash and Reine
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Weekend Pet Pic ~ Boo the Cat boarded 4/10
- CatSynth: Weekend Cat Blogging and Photo Hunt Vertical ~ Luna boarded 4/10
- The Birder's Report: BirdLife News Roundup – Migratory Birds: Greater White-fronted Geese
- Living the Scientific Life: What do Great Tits reveal about the genetics of personality?
- Viewing Nature With Eileen: Costa Rica ~ Keel Billed Toucan
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature ~ Osprey
- The Early Birder: First Flutters for April and Bushy Park
- Birding in Michigan: My Robin Friend
- Trevor's Birding: Masked lapwing
- beginning to bird>: Spring is Sprung
- Bird Ecology Study Group: Nesting behaviour of the Long-tailed Shrike
- Mon@rch’s Nature Blog: Snow Swallows
- The Fenland Walker: House Sparrows, Blue Tit and Collared Dove
- Montanagirl: Wild Turkeys
- Pure Florida: Barred Owls
- pitsswood birds: Birds and Butterflies
- Wanderin' Weeta With Waterfowl (and Weeds): Like watching paint dry...waiting for the tide to come in
- Ecobirder: Turtles at Crex Meadows
- Hill-Stead's Nature Blog: Muskrat Love
- Aimophila Adventures: Snappng Turtles
- Rural Ramblings: Rabbit in Garden
- DDD: Three Moths
- Snail's Tales: It was a cold and foggy morning ~ Zebrina detrita
- The Early Birder: First Flutters for April.
- Lepidoptera Diary: More on Mothing
- Nature Tales and Camera Trails: The Infant Moth
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod ~ Momma sowing eggs among the corals, Sepia latimanus
- Myrmecos Blog: Little Fire Ants, Wasmannia auropunctata and Friday Beetle Blogging ~ Penthe pimelia pitsswood birds: Birds and Butterflies
- Niches: On the Beach ~ Six-spotted Tiger Beetle, Cicidela sexguttata
- Wanderin' Weeta With Waterfowl (and Weeds):
- The Adventures of Max Dog: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
- Throwback At Trapper Creek: Thwarting Rodents ~ Trace didn't want dinner...
- The Musketeers: Wordless Wednesday
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog ~ Autumn Leaves: Sasha and Dexter
- Life after NEXCOM: Bubba and Napolean
- Our Furry Boys: What the ....this isn't a cat! boarded 4/10
Didn't Make It
Exceptions (inclusion not guaranteed)
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to:
- Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday
- Weekend Cat Blogging which goes up every weekend
- The 252nd edition, 4/3-4, is up at Nikita's
- The 253rd edition, 4/10-11, will be hosted by The Sour Dough
- Bad Kitty Cats Festival of Chaos which goes up monthly
- The 114th edition, 4/5 is up at the Life From A Cat's Perspective
- The 115th edition, may, will be hosted by the Nikita Cat
- Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map
Birders: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks.
- The 122nd edition , 3/31 is up at Chuqui 3.0
- The 123rd edition, 4/15, will be hosted by Idaho Birding Blog
For the Spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles.
For the Herp lovers: House of Herps. The monthly blog carnival devoted exclusively to reptiles and amphibians.
- The 4th edition, St. patrick's Edition, is up at Kind of Curious
- The 5th edition, April, will be hosted by TBD
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to:
- The Canine Carnival hosted by Pamibe last year is on hiatus an looking for a new sponsor
- The Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey's Musings has been out of operation since July 2007