There’s lot’s of bio-partying happening today: the 10th Circus of the Spineless at Science and Sensibility and the Carnival of the Dogs at Mickey’s Musings join the Friday Ark in end of June celebrations.
We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment (moderated) or trackback (may be broken) to this post (Don’t panic if you get back an “internal server error” message. Haven’t been able to figure out why this is happening but comments still seem to post.).
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Use the Blog Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (62 shouts as of 06/29)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 118th edition, 6/25 is up at Life~Florida~Whatever. The 118th edition will be hosted by Watermark on 6/25. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff’s Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 26th edition is up and hosted by The Hawk Owls’ Nest. The 27th edition will be hosted on 7/6 by 10,000 Birds.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The ninth edition is up at Burning Silo. The 10th edition will be hosted today by Science and Sensibility.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- The Scratching Post: Death from Above!
- The MisAdventures of Rico Loco: The Help Desk
- Catymology: Under the table
- Melange: Computer Work Is Exhausting
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Tai Ringo
- It’s Morning Somewhere: Friday Cat Blogging – shredders
- Sisu: Tiny and Baby Chowing Down and Tiny Sees Things
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat – Catblogging: The Mystery of the Bulge
- Jelly Pizza: Come Friday, I’m Exhausted…
- Manx Mnews: Funny Girl
- Texas Oasis: Friday Yard Cats
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging: Monk
- pages turned: Ellie in a bag
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Paz, Phil, Frankie and Sammy
- Kat’s Cat of the Day: Snowy
- Two Black Cats: 1-2-3 Stretch
- Stereophilia: Stressing Those Abs and Bagheera The Trainer
- Middle Fork: Maple Exhibits the Full Stretch
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Sasha discovers there’s the rub
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Nardo: wondering or birding?
- Basic Juice: minus a little T-factor, Romeo is now a loveable puss
- enrevanche: Sure has been warm lately
- Elms in the Yard: Cats and Greenery
- Mind of Mog: Kittycat Friday
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Patariotic Piper
- No Deep Thoughts: Friday Cat Blogging: Raising Rico
- The Yellow Doggerel Democrat: Friday Sharing Blogging
- Au fil du temps: Friday Cat Blogging: Chatte à géométrie variable
- Leslie’s Omnibus: Traveling Companions
- NWoutdoorgrrl: Two Cats… two very different attitudes
- The Painted Dragonfly: Feline Friday: Windigo
- Furry Paws: This is my bed!
- Outside In: Let’s Play Post Office: Sophie
- Take Joy!: Mr. Poozle Relaxes
- T.Bird On A Wire: Harley – What A Studmuffin
- Where the Dolphins Play: Feline Friday
- Meezer Mayhem: Happy 1/2 Birthday Calais
- TechnoChitlins: Catblogging Friday again: The Racket and Blue Show
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Starbuck & Nelson
- Sunbeams From Cucumbers: Friday Animal Blogging: Random Cat Pictures boarded 7/1
- The Dees Diversion: Friday cat blogging – rescue edition boarded 7/1
- Wind in the Wire: Crazy Cat People of the World, Unite! boarded 7/1
- Later On: Friday cat-blogging: Megs, feeling good boarded 7/1
- State of the Day: Friday Alf Blogging boarded 7/1
- Daily Straying: Butterfly Chasing boarded 7/1
- Chasing Grace: cat in a box boarded 7/1
- Bad Attitudes: Catblogging boarded 7/1
- Pen Elayne: Friday Cat Blogging: Amy and Datsa boarded 7/1
- Leigh Witchel: Friday Cat Blogging – Guest Kittysaurus Rex edition boarded 7/1
- I was NOT named for a cookie!!! RIGHT?: I’m not speaking to you Momma; boarded 7/1
- LadyGunn: Vacation Kitties boarded 7/1
- Creek Running North: Here’s Zeke
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog – perceptions: Sasha and Dexter
- Athenamama: “Where’s my daddy?”
- WoodSong: Our Wild Child
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Dog Blogging: Eight
Week Old Princess Shayna
- Coyote Mercury: Weekend Hound Blogging: Hounds in Hats boarded 7/1
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Weekend Pet Pic: Kyan Pup in the pool; boarded 7/1
- Justin’s Random Thoughts: Petey on his perch boarded 7/1
- Daily Straying: Butterfly Chasing boarded 7/1
- Farmgirl Fare: Weekend Dog Blogging #41: Dog Days Of Summer Duty boarded 7/4
- Burning Silo: Wild Strawberries and Goats
- Sarangeti: Sea Turtles
- Middle Fork: Little Snake
- Desert Canyon Reptiles: Arizona Monsoon Cruise…Western Diamondback
- Rosetta Stones: Alberts Squirrels Rebound…
- Natural Visions: Theodore Roosevelt National Park
- Bad Attitudes: Friday Frogblogging
- Val’s Bien: What’s Tyler Eating? boarded 7/1
- A Blog Around The Clock: Daily Rhythms in Cnidaria
- Living the Scientific Life: Another Origin of Species
- The Scratching Post: Death from Above!
- Rurality: Recalled to Life: Emerging Cicadas
- Science and Sensibility: Circus of the Spineless #10
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod: “It’s a giant orgy” and Peek-a-boo Octopus
- Niches: Lemonade
- Pacific Views: Big, Creepy Bug Blogging
- On Location With Rick Lee: In Joe Re’s Herb Garden
- The Firefly Forest: Tailless Whipscorpion boarded 7/1
- Burning Silo: every egg has a blue lining; boarded 7/1
- andrethegiant: Friday Night Ladybug Blogging boarded 7/1
- Science and Sensibility: Aramoana
- A DC Birding Blog: Birds on the Mall
- The Annotated Budok: My Duck in better days
- Henry’s Webiocosm Blog: Friday Bird Blogging: Brown Pelican, Pelicanus occidentalis
- Coyote Mercury: Bird Blogging
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Synchronized Ducks
- bloggg: They Busted Loose!
- Julie Zickefoose: Post-Fledging Update
- Natural Visions: Western Kingbirds boarded 7/1
- Lisa Violet’s Diary: Ciara Vista (June 10, 2006) December 1999 – June 29, 2006
- A Modern Moron’s Journal: RIP Elwood
- Retrospectacle: The Buzz on Honeybee Cognition and Memory
- A Blog Around The Clock: JETLAG – new circadian gene in Drosophila
- Chris Dolley: Colic, Wind and the Ten-Foot Long Caterpillar
- green gabbro: Friday Rock Blogging: Interplanetary Breakfast Edition
- Creatures of the Earth: El Presidente gets the hose
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted “too rapidly” by the same host. I don’t know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I’m sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh….
Sure, I know that she’s using it as a metaphor but surely most members of the military would vomit or have some similar reaction, maybe like PZ’s, to the idea of sucking on w’s nips.
Noonan, in the same column, seems pretty reasonable in her take on the posturing around the recent congressional time wasting with the flag desecration amendment.
On the other hand she bashes the NY Times for reporting about the bushies privacy abuses which were also covered in her own paper when she really should be bashing the SWIFT folks for apparently providing this information to the administration without proper warrants.
Performed by w.
Yea, just go watch and listen!
Via The Tree.
Apparently more than Voldemort who had damn well better be disposed of permanently!
Rowling has already said that the final chapter of the seventh book was written long ago.
“The final chapter is hidden away, although it’s now changed very slightly,” she said in an interview broadcast on Monday on Britain’s Channel 4. “One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn’t intend to die.”
When asked to be more specific, she added: “No, I’m not going to commit myself, because I don’t want the hate mail or anything else.”
The hate mail comment is rather ominous but there will be many unhappy fans if any characters die who are not part of Voldemort’s crowd. Ok, there are probably some folks who identify with Voldemort and company as well. Your speculation can run amok on this idea.
There is a link to a video of the full Rowling interview at Mugglenet.
What I’d really like to know is when the 7th volume will be published. If it is June/July 2007 then I can complete my rereading of the first 6 at the leisurely pace of one every two months.
Then again, one per week over the 6 weeks prior to publication may be a better level of immersion.