Cats, Dogs, Spiders and ? every Friday.
We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about.
Check back regularly for updates throughout the day on Fridays and somewhat less frequently over the weekend. We seldom add links after Sunday’s Carnival of the Cats goes up.
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 71st edition will be hosted this week by Your Moosey Fate.
Bird folks: Remember to submit your links to I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers which will be hosted August 4 by B and B.
And, check out Laurence’s fine graphical analysis of Friday Ark boardings.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
Note: Haloscan is bouncing a lot of trackbacks today.
Note 2: Regarding next weeks Ark (8/5): Our staff will be with poor or no access from about mid day through the weekend. Comments, trackbacks and emails received by late morning will get on the main passenger list Friday. Late arrivals may not get boarded until Sunday night or Monday. It is doubtful that we will have any time to board folks to do not tell us they are ready.
- Where the Dolphins Play: Hard Decisions and New Friends
- Science and Sarcasm: Marabou: I wish she wouldn’t be so uptight
- enrevanche: Mister Gato goes mountaineering and emerges from his phonebooth
- I am the Goober Queen: C’mere! I Wanna Tell You Somethin’!
- Sisu: Baby and Tiny, Border Disputes, Digital Imaging Excellence and Cakes the Magnificent
- Melange: Lady Willow and Mr. Rhett
- Word Whammy: Kittens: Golly and Archie
- i-pets.com blog: Banditsays,”No pictures please.”
- Steeph’s Blog: Ismael: I Rest My Case
- Aunty Holly: Aunty Holly Oversees Staff
- Bacon and Eh’s: Feline Friday
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat: Focal Length
- The Oubliette: McCullough’s excellent technique and a Miracle Caught in Pixels
- Poetic Leanings: Can’t A Cat Get A Rest?
- Ego: Nap Time for Morris
- Prophet or Madman: Double the Milo today! With toys, and withbasket
- Lab Kat: It’s not easy being Pixel
- Striving for Average: Sneaking Up On Dinner
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Jealous Piper
- The Peach Pit: Self-Packing Kitty
- Middle Fork: The Houdini and Gumby
- Basic Juice: Lyle (no caption required)
- Why Now?: Festus, Mrs. D and Tonto
- Athenamama: Thalia Continues to Explore the New Bathroom
- Music and Cats: Sergei: From the Tap
- The Blue Parrot: Send Doby Some Positive Thoughts Today
- Slyblog: If I could only find aCat who would do this to the rat boyfriend
- Mind of Mog: For the Mmm, I Wonder and Chewing On My Drawstring
- Lunar Obverse: Smacky staying cool and looking cool
- Leslie’s Omnibus: Traveling Companions: Tiger Boots and the Divine Miss Marilyn
- bootstrap analysis: Kady: Bow Munching
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cats: Needing An Exorcist
- Balloon Juice: My sister thinks she has found the perfect kitten for me
- Watermark: Spike is pleased to pass on this true-to-life poem
- The Culture Ghost: oscar and tomato
- Computers, Society, and Nature: The Squeaky Toy Edition
- Cat Out Loud: Petunia
- Cascade Exposures: Seal the Magnificent/A>
- Eschaton: Friday Cat Blogging: Pure Dignitude, Naptime and Guest Kitty
- Real Art: Paz, Phil and Frankie
- Fiat Lux: Friday Kitten Blogging: Alan added 7/30
- Elms in the Yard: She Keeps Me In Line added 7/30
- Ded Space: Friday Cat Blogging: Twisted Sister Edition added 7/30
- 7610: Friday Cat War: Pip and Blur added 7/30
- Semi-Random Ramblings: Pip and Smoke added 7/30
- bloggg: Bad bad Feak added 7/30
- Your Moosey Fate: Carnival of the Cats #71
- Blog d’Elisson: Your Next Low Country Boil
- Dharma Bums: “He was a bold man who first ate on Oyster” (Crassostrea gigas)
- Snail’s Tales: Bagworm In the Wind
- Dope on the Slope: Thursday Invertebrate Blogging: Hitchhiking Hornworm
- James Norton Photography!: Ladybug: Up Close and Personal
- Henry’s Webiocosm
Blog: Friday Larvae Blogging: Mosquitoes
- bogbumper: Phew! What A Whopper! Musk Beetle (Aromia moschata)
- Sunidesus Sees: Windshield Daredevil
- Middle Fork: Little Spider Checks Out The New Neighbor added 7/30
- Dohiyi Mir: Full Service added 7/30
- enrevanche: Chow Bella Thinks It’s the Greatest
- A Stitch In Haste: Diamond: Joys and Their Toys – Rubber
- Cybervassals: Jupiter: Fashion Diva
- Smijer: Outdoor Doggy
- The Alternate Brain: Shayna In Her Kennel
- Echidne Of The Snakes: Saturday Dog Blogging: Kelly added 7/30
- Duck Pond: Taffy and Sasha added 7/30
- Doug Petch.Com: On The Road With Keen added 7/30
- PoliBlog: Saturday Night Dogblogging: Grace added 7/30
- Rurality: Great Egret (Ardea alba) and Barn Swallows (Hirundo rustica)
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: More Mourning Dove Babies
- Living the Scientific Life: Regal Bald EagleHaliaeetus leucocephalus, Elegant Pied Avocet, Recurvirostra avosetta and more bird news
- 10,000 Birds: Armchair Empid-watch
- Birdchick Blog: Bald Cardinals
- Ben Cruachan Blog: Jewels of the Bush: Spotted Pardalotes
- Sunidesus Sees: Multi-racial Goose Family
- Biomes Blog: Baby Cobras and Boa Constrictor
- Bob Harris: Friday pudubloggingUndetermned Albino Deer
- Watermark: Friday Squirrel Blogging
- milkriverblog: Texas Brown or DeKay’s Snake (Storeria dekayi texana)
- Publius & Co.: Good Night, Sweet Arwen
- Ratablog: Arwen: Rest In Peace
- afarensis: Dinosaur Embryo Massospondylus carinatus
- Sisu: At least we’ve got our Friday Ark Marbleslined up. Added 7/30
We recently posted a schedule of chores the kids have to complete and cleaning the litter box is one of them.
McCullough continues to demonstrate her excellent napping techniques…
friday catblogging, part 2
Three cats, one couch, zero bloodshed. A miracle caught in pixels.
NAP TIME FOR MORRIS
Zzz… Go to Friday Ark at the Modulator for more animal photos.
Last week’s Friday Diamondblogging about Denver’s slaughter of innocent dogs left me somewhat down, so for the next several weeks I’ll be presenting a special Diamondblogging series, Joys and Their Toys…
Friday Diamondblogging: Joys and Their Toys — Rubber
Last week’s Friday Diamondblogging about Denver’s slaughter of innocent dogs left me somewhat down, so for the next several weeks I’ll be presenting a special Diamondbloggi…
Jupiter. Fasion Diva
Is it still diva if Jupiter is a boy? Or, rather, used to be a boy. Oh. alright. I guess he is still genderly a boy, but enjoys no boy thangs. Poor puppy. He might as well wear bad…
Double the Milo today! One with toys, and one with basket.
Friday Cat Blogging
PIXEL It’s not easy being Pixel. Be sure to visit the Friday Ark today and the Carnival of the Cats on Sunday. *bimbles off*
Sneaking up on Dinner
If you can stay in one place long enough, not making a move, sometimes something will get close enough for…
C’mere! I wanna tell you sumpthin’!
Psst…. are you an informant?
More babies! The dove that lives in the bush behind my office has returned to her nest and this time she has two chicks!I’m really looking forward to spending the weekend at home for a change. It’s been a while…
Piper is jealous of all the wonderful gifts that Timothy Dickens gets… “Is there any mail for me back there?” Sorry, Piper, but everyone loved Edloe, not you. Because you’re a mean kitty who growls at Nardo and growls at…
I’ve got a brief memorial up to Arwen at Publius and Co.:
Also at the Ratablog:
Let me just climb in here and make myself comfortable. Now, if I can just get the plastic where it needs to go…….
Who was the Hit-cat: Festus, Mrs. D, or Tonto?
Thalia Continues to Explore The New Bathroom
Thalia seems to be really enjoying the new bathroom. Thalia testing the duribility of the sink. It may have passed. Kisses to the faucet….
Come to this week’s issue of Birds in the News to see a picture of a regal bald eagle, Haliaeetus leucocephalus, and an elegant pied avocet, Recurvirostra avosetta.
Feline Friday: From the tap
Sergei likes to drink from the bathroom faucets, both sink and tub. Never mind that a frequently-refilled water bowl sits immediately adjacent to the pedestal of this sink; he often leaps up onto the sink for a drink immediately after I’ve filled the b…
Thanks for hosting!
Send Doby some positive vibes if you can.
Cat Blogging Friday BAD BREAKUP WITH BOYFRIEND version at The Snarky Cat (Slyblog)
Hmm, I Wonder
Saw the two of them together and went and grabbed the camera, got this adorable shot.
And this one. Anyone want to chance a guess as to why Jezi is rolling around on the floor.
Bad kittycat. For good kittycats, check out the Friday Ark at the Mo…
Meowza chewing on my drawstring, they all chew unfortnately. But they’re so cute. I’m getting like Lair taking tons of pics of them.
Bad kittycat. For good kittycats, check out the Friday Ark at the Modulator tomorrow. This weeks COTC …
Smacky, staying cool, and looking cool.
Hard Decisions and New Friends
It wasn’t long after we adopted our little kitten Loki that we became plainly aware that something was wrong….
Get some animal satisfaction at the Friday Ark today. Marabou is included.
Friday Squirrel Blogging
Sometimes they hide: Sometimes they pose: Sometimes they don’t:
I have Geese and a Grasshopper!
Friday Cat Blogging
Spike is pleased to pass on this true-to-life poem by Roger McGough, via Roger Collett on the Poetryetc list: The Cats’ Protection League Midnight. A knock at the door.Open it? Better had.Three heavy cats, mean and bad. They offer protection. I ask, ‘W…
Texas Brown or DeKay’s Snake — Storeria dekayi texana
Here are a couple of different invertebrates:
Little Spider Checks Out The New Neighbor
There is something that likes a wall
We had a great post ready to go about the man and the wall, and then it disappeared into cyberspace. Gotta head out Down East now. Maybe we can fill things in later on. Gotta do a Cotillion post and
Well, color me surprised
Cats are the perfect Internet and blogging pets? Cats are the Web’s it-animals. They’re everywhere. Why didn’t anyone tell me? I guess that explains the whole feline domination of The Friday Ark thing….
Friday Cat War
Here is a picture of Blur taking a swipe at Pip on my bed. I think Pip is slowly realizing that he’s not numero uno in my house. He’s not even numero dos. He’s the wee numero lasto. But, he’s…
Bad bad Feak.
Friday Cat Bloggging
A La Feak… Just a picture for today. The only communication she has deigned that we deserve was the land mine she left on Bug’s bedroom floor…. Must. Link. With. Modulator……
Well, color me surprised
Cats are the perfect Internet and blogging pets? Cats are the Web’s it-animals. They’re everywhere. Why didn’t anyone tell me? I guess that explains the whole feline domination of The Friday Ark thing. BY THE WAY: I still don’t like…
She Keeps Me in Line
(Check out this week’s Friday Ark at The Modulator, and the seventy-first edition of the Carnival of the Cats at Your Moosey Fate.)
i’ve been doing some relinking and blog maintenance, and i find that when i click on your archives for Friday Ark nothing comes up. is this a problem somewhere, or am i just goofy at my end??
FRIDAY ARK is now up at Modulator!…