We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about. Time permitting we will continue boardings until the Carnival of the Cats goes up on Sunday.
Do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (48 shouts as of 02/23)
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 101ft edition will be hosted this week by My Animal Family. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff’s Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants. Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 17th edition edition is up and hosted by the Wild Bird On The Fly. The 18th edition will be hosted by The Bird Chaser on 3/2. Get your submissions in!
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The fifth edition is up at Pharyngula. The 6th edition is scheduled for February 28 and will be hosted by Science and Politics. You’ve got time to get those submissions sent in!
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
InvertebratesDogsBirdsOther VertebratesIn MemoriamDidn’t Make ItExceptions (inclusion not guaranteed)
- No Deep Thoughts: Mommy’s Little Helpers
- Melange: The Bird Watcher, the “Watcher” Bird and Nosy Clover
- Sisu: Babe agrees…, Tiny stares at…, and Tiny’s interpretation of Aurora
- enrevanche: Cat, recumbent and Don’t leash your cat! (Video)
- Diva Kitty and the Fluffies: Sitting on the condo…
- Mensa Barbie: Sleepy But Not Too Sleepy
- A Geezer’s Corner: cat blog friday (or late thursday night…) CSI vacaville
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat – Hug Practice
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Lap Fungus
- Blog d’Elisson: The Spot
- Texas Oasis: Friday cat Peek-a-Bamboo
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: Here fishie, fishie!
- Outside In: When Husbands Go Shopping: Sophie
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging: Frisky “Aren’t you early?”
- Manx Mnews: Open Drawers: Abby
- Catymology: I may look like a couch potato . . .
- Caturday: Bachelor Number One?
- Grapevine’s Ramblings: Friday Cat Bloging
- Mind of Mog: Bazel and Krissie
- Josh’s Weblog: Feline Friday: Church and Snowball
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Brotherly Love
- bootstrap analysis: kady, pensive
- a clever sheep: Friday cat (and lizard) blogging: Obie and Caliban
- Gigolokitty!: The Gigolo Kitty’s Love Advice! #3
- Leslie’s Omnibus: Traveling Companions: The Divine Miss Marilyn
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Cats in the morning: Piper and Nardo
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Frisky the Fluffball
- Watermark: The Visitor & Other Entertainments
- The Dees Diversion: Friday cat blogging – Mardi Gras edition
- Ocellated: Friday Cat Blogging: The Bruce
- Sherry Chandler: Cat and Pub and Wodehouse
- bloggo chicago: Friday Cat Blogging #23: Hidey Hole
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Phil, Frankie, Paz and Sammy
- stereophile: Psst!
- animal family: new day
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: Sunset
- A Shareware Life: Friday Catblogging: I’m Really Quite Innocent
- Ego: Ego Is Feeding the Fat Cats: Morris
- Middle Fork: Sabaki with Tassles
- Far Cartouche: Cats are so easy
- cb.blog: Friday Catblogging: How Cute Am I? and Keeper of the Door
- eatstuff: WCB 38:Now that’s a relaxed cat
- composite drawlings: Finding a purpose in life
- Computers, Society, and Nature: return of cat blogging: Zoe and the new Sideris-Crouch offspring
- Rosa’s Yummy Yums: Weekend Cat Blogging #38: Maruschka looking eerie and secretive, or sleepy?… boarded 2/25
- E Pluribus Unum: Friday Cat Blogging boarded 2/25
- Edsel/The Pooch: pawspawspawspaws boarded 2/25
- Elms in the Yard: Cats! Her Ladyship and Missy boarded 2/25
- Meditation Matters: Friday cat blogging! Henry boarded 2/25
- Little Cat Feet: This Time She Means It boarded 2/25
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Nelson and Starbuck boarded 2/25
- Later On: Friday cat blogging: Megs perched on printer boarded 2/25
- Kayak soup: Weekend Cat Blogging boarded 2/25
- It’s Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging: catch of the day boarded 2/25
- Jil in Pattaya: Friday Cat Blogging: Pramoj boarded 2/25
- CathColl: Best Enemies boarded 2/25
- LadyGun: The Queens Of Their Catdoms boarded 2/25
- animal family: Carnival of the Cats #101
For other current carnivals check out The Conservative Cat’s Carnival Page, The Blog Carnival and The TTLB Uber Carnival
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted “too rapidly” by the same host. I don’t know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I’m sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh….