We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
Limited Edition Alert (12/28 14:55 MST) : The Ark crew is encamped high in the Northern Idaho mountains with no net access in our abode. There may be some opportunity Friday between 10-2 PST to do some boarding but I expect it will be Saturday night or Sunday before everyone gets on board.
Do link to the Ark every week!
You can find out how to board the Friday Ark at the Arkive page.
- The Scratching Post: Christmas Presents
- houseofchaos: Wiggle wiggle… POUNCE !! Oops…sorry….
- Blog d’Elisson: Whaddaya Think…Matata and Hakuna
- The Poor Mouth: Ted and Bebe
- Melange: Chloe And “The Lump” (Clover)
- stillpoint: what’s this I see?
- Jelly Pizza: Holidays Are For Napping…
- Sisu: Tiny contemplates…, Purrky, Lucie and more and Baby is my co-pilot
- Elms in the Yard: Cats at Rest
- Val’s Bien: Merry Christmas!
- Chris Dolley: Home Alone: A Kitten’s Guide to Fending for Oneself
- anniemiz: Friday Cat Blogging: Eddie – Then And Now
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Patience
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat – The People’s King
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Nardo the Ancient Chinese Secret
- Stereophilia: What did I do last night? and Late December Pensees
- Catcall: Friday Catblogging – New Toys: Nardo sizing up his prey…
- Catymology: Professor Katz & Santa Katz
- composite drawlings: Friday Catblog: Ready for the New Year
- Middle Fork: Lady
opens her third eye
- Photojournalism: Los gattos
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Home is where the kitties are
- enrevanche: Everyone’s home now
- Watermark PeeWee|Bibs: Cutest Cat Ever
Elvis says Happy New Year to the Ark!
- xenogere /strange behavior/: The Lovers: Grendel giving Kako a kiss boarded 12/31
- Take Joy!: After Christmas, Mr. Schmoodge overfloweth . . . boarded 12/31
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Phil, Paz, Sammy and Frankie boarded 12/31
- China Cat’s blog: Christmas Morning
- willow’s cat blog: Christmas Morning boarded 12/31
- Watermark Critter New Year Resolutions boarded 12/31
- Val’s Bien: Casey, All Mine!
- Chris Dolley: Gypsy has a role in : A Kitten’s Guide to Fending for Oneself
- Gus The Blue Heeler: King Gus
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: Summer’s On The Way – Sasha and Dexter
- Rurality: Meeting Elvis
- Athenamama: Jackie
and Angel’s First Adventure and
Pictures in the New House
- Justin’s Random Thoughts: Petey in denial
- Natural Visions: I and the Bird #39
- Living the Scientific Life: Ingenuity and Season’s Greetings
- Rurality: Hooded Mergansers
- A DC Birding Blog: Barnegat Harlequins
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: American Oystercatcher
- Thomasburg Walks: Red-bellied Woodpecker
- Living the Scientific Life: Buck
- Rurality: Bobcat, Deer and Otter
- The Scratching Post: Why Hamsters are so Hard to Photograph
- Watermark Happy New Year boarded 1/1
- Living the Scientific Life: Eastern Dobsonfly, Fiery Skipper, Common Green Darner, Western Pygmy Blue and a Gulf Fritillary
- Pharyngula: Friday Cephalopod: Pigpen! Euprymna tasmanica, camouflaged with mucus and sand
- The force that through…: Circus of the Spineless #16
Didn’t Make It
Exceptions (inclusion not guaranteed)
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map. (75 shouts as of 12/21)
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 144th edition, 12/24, is up at IMAO. The 144th edition will be hosted by Watermarkon 12/31. There are more weekly cats at Weekend Cat Blogging hosted on 12/30 by Champaign Taste . Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. The 39th edition is up and hosted by the Natural Visions. The 40th edition will be hosted on 1/11 by Peregrine’s Bird Blog.
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The 15th edition is up at Words & Pictures. The 16th edition will be hosted at the end of December by The force that through….
Note for Haloscan Users:
Over the past month or so Haloscan started (the end of July) handling of trackbacks has improved though it is still pretty broken for carnival type posts. Now, instead of rejecting every attempt to ping it accepts single pings for a while and then will start rejecting them. I will keep trying to track back to Haloscan boarders but can make no guarantees for any particular week.
Note for Typepad Users:
Typepad continues to behave similar to Haloscan for trackbacks. I been able to get trackbacks to most, if not all, Typepad based boarders. I have to do it one at a time and wait a while in between pings but Typepad does not go into semi-permanent rejection mode like Haloscan.
I and the Bird #39 is up at Natural Visions who notes:
And no holiday season would be complete without a visit from Sandy Claws, bringing us a whole sack full of gifts from our fellow birders
Opening the packages will be like a second christmas for you.
…a blank post will work.
Ok, it will work for PZ and seems to work for Atrios who must publish more empty posts than the rest of the blogosphere combined, but for the rest of us,….nah, don’t even go there.
On the side, it would make me happy if the Science blogging crew could make it so that trackbacks to their hosted blogs would work.
For your bemusement a selection of the worst album covers ever.