We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
Visit all the boarders, Link to the Ark and check back for updates through Sunday afternoon!
You can find out how to board the Friday Ark at the Arkive page.
- Ego: Morris in the window
- House of Chaos: Fwends ?
- Val’s Bien: The Cats Christmas
- Texas Oasis: Purrsday Night – Retirement
- Watermark: Merry Christmas! and A Year of Cats
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging ~ Did You Knoww? Ringo notes…
- It’s Morning Somewhere: FCB ~ Play Time
- Perfectly Parker: Formerly Feral Friday ~ Treats Are Good
- Sisu: “Baby is my co-pilot”
- Elms in the Yard: Cats about Town
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging ~ Christmas Toy Edition: Coby, Pixel and Pica
- The Scratching Post: A Very K T Christmas
- Blog d’Elisson: Fuzzy Friday ~ Matata nestles on a paper sack
- Mercury Rising: Friday Cat Blogging
- Little Cat Feet: Our Secret Paws is Here
- Women Who Serve: Friday Cat Blogging ~ post-Christmas edition
- anniemiz: Friday Cat Blogging ~ Jingle Kittens
- Forty Paws: Floofy Friday ~ Fountain Friday
- Baby Mao: Fun on friday
- This, That & The Other Thing: Feline Friday ~ Play with me! No, play with me!
- Plush Life: Okay, off strike
- Jottings From Jersey: Feline Friday
- Mike: Feline Friday
- Meditation Matters: Friday cat blogging! Simon
- Catymology: Not at the Y, today
- meeyauw: LOL Cat Bible ~ Lectionary Readings… Thanks To All Holy Cats
- Mind of Mog: Too Cold
- composite drawlings: Friday Catblog ~ Sunshine, SuperGrr
- Life from a Cat’s Perspective: Wordless Wednesday with Samantha
- CatSynth: Weekend Cat Blogging and more ~ A day and a year boarded 12/30
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Another Friday with Carnival of the Cats #198
- composite drawlings: Dogblog ~ Bad dog? I think not!
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog: Sasha and Dexter are in “No Hurry”
- Dohiyi Mir: Packed Snowblogging ~ Mex, Kayla and Rin
- Cactus Blog: Friday Whippet Blogging
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature ~ The Dog…
- Athenamama: Happy Anniversary Papa
- Primordial Slack: I finally caught the Pepper Dog smiling!
- Music and Cats: Family Dog Friday ~ Harley
- Enthalpy: Turtle
- millertime: I’m too sexy for my fur,…
- Path to Freedom Journal: Goats on the Loose
- First Draft: Friday ferretblogging ~ Post-Christmas Hangover Edition
- WildBird On The Fly: I and the Bird #65
- Greg laden’s Blog: Egyptian Goose, Alopochen aegyptiacus
- xenogere /strange behavior/: Let’s get this party started
- A DC Birding Blog: Loose Feathers #130 ~ Harlequin Duck and more birding news
- bogbumper: Sparrowhawk and Kestrel Video
- Trevor’s Birding: Death of a Galah
- Bill of the Birds: Blue Heron
- The Hawk’s Owl Nest: Great Swamp Birding ~ Mockingbird
- dominican dreaming: Searching for dominican birds in my garden boarded 12/30
- Catalogue Of Organisms: Circus of the Spineless #28
- Ontogeny: Friday Ant Zen ~ Leafcutter Ants, Atta cephalotes
- Facing South: Goodbye, boll weevil
- Snail’s Tales: Ladybugs galore
- Mon@rch’s Nature Blog: Hummingbird Moth
- The Daily Kos: Marine Life Series – Bivalve Dendrochronology
- Smokey Mountain Breakdown: Friday Ark ~ Babe ~ Go on and wait for me there…
- Creek Running North: Rest in peace, Tatiana
- Cat Daddy and Dr. Squeeky: In Memoriam ~ Tuffy 12/21/97 – 12/26/07
- Kirsten Mortenson..: This is my parent’s cat, Good-bye, little dog
- The Fluffy Tribe: Quark Ferengirat
Feb 2006-Dec 2007
Didn’t Make It
Exceptions (inclusion not guaranteed)
- Artsy Catsy: Our First Blogiversary!
- Watermark: Almost time for the New Year Haiku boarded 12/30
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map.
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to:
- the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to:
- Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday
- the 196th edition, 12/23, is up at The Cat Blogosphere
- The 197th edition, 12/30, will be hosted by This Blog Is Full of Crap
- Weekend Cat Blogging which goes up every weekend
- The 133nd edition, 12/22-23, is up at A Byootaful Life
- The 134th edition, 12/29-30, will be hosted by Paulchen’s Food Blog?!
- Bad Kitty Cats Festival of Chaos which goes up every weekend
- The 24th edition, 12/23, is up at The Catboys Realm
- The 25th edition, 12/30, will be hosted by Zed Monster & Megan at Bad Kitty Cats Journal
- Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map
Birders: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks.
- The 64th edition, 12/13, is up at Iowa voice
- The 65th edition, 12/27, will be hosted by WildBird on the Fly
For the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles.
- The 26th edition, October, is up at The Other 95%
- The 27th edition, November, will be hosted by The Hawk Owl’s Nest
For other current carnivals check out The Blog Carnival and The TTLB Uber Carnival
A Very K T Christmas
Merry Christmas, everyone! Here’s our Maximum Leader’s video Christmas card to all of you out there in the Feline Theocracy and those who just come by to visit
Yay! Another Ark!
Matata, the Meatloaf All Covered in Hair,
Is perched upon a sack from Paper Affair.
The feeling of Paper doth comfort her bottom.
Mad Relaxin’ Skillz? Matata’s gottum.
With the warmer weather, I am now taking out water with me. Sasha and Dexter are in “No Hurry”.
A Year of Cats
Watermark’s resident cats — Spike Boo — have had several visitors this year. Here is a quick overview of 2007’s kitties (click the image to see the large version – and originals — at flickr): More 2007 cats: The Carnival of the Cats at Carnival of t…
Friday Cat Blogging
Did You Know?
[Editor: In a timely reminder Ringo notes that American media moguls of the day didn’t pay Charles Dickens anything when they printed and sold his work in the US. (Note – this is an old picture because I’m still play…
Well, it’s been quite the exciting week and I’m still up to my gills in holiday fun, with a house full of visitors! The dog has been having a great time, but as you can see, she’s flirted with exhaustion…
Happy Anniversary Papa
Here’s a little secret about me of which you dear reader(s) may not be fully aware; I LOVE my dogs. So much so that I remember most of the milestone’s if their little lives, such as the day they joined…
I finally caught the Pepper Dog smiling!
It’s been cold outside, freezing cold, too cold for kittycats to go outside except for a few minutes at a time. They are currently curled up on the sofa cushions, the sofa cushions whose covers I need to wash. Again.
And all that dirt M…
Family Dog Friday: Harley
In Houston, we are rarely in the company of cats, as several of my relatives are allergic. When here, Paul and I are always happy to visit the home of our friends JD and Annie, not only because we love them, but because they have two beautiful, if shy…
Thanks for the link and will go check out many of your other links!
Carnival Of The Godless (Late) Christmas Edition is up on Unscrewing the Inscrutable Friday Ark #171 is up on Modulator…
Friday Ark 171
Is here, at The Modulator…
Don’t send a lame Holiday eCard. Try JibJab Sendables!
Almost time for the New Year Haiku
Three years ago, Andrew told me there is a tradition of writing a ‘positive’ haiku on the first day of the year. So I wrote one, and it became a collaborative poem dance. I forgot in 2006. We did one here at Watermark again last year, but I was late, a…
Thanks a million!
Tiny strikes a thoughtful pose in the postprandial afternoon kitchen, bookending with a Xmas card profile of a tabby that’s the spit and image of her brother’s portrait featured on this year’s Xmas card. Thanks to all our wonderful, insightful