Go ahead, try it:
1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number “6” in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction!
Same thing happens with the left foot. Can you keep your foot going clockwise?
Can anyone explain the mechanisms in play here?
Via Its a Mad Mad Mad Life!
Cats, Dogs, Spiders and ? every Friday.
We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about.
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 75th edition will be hosted this week by Annoying Little Twerp.
Bird folks: Remember to submit your links to I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers. The 5th edition will be hosted 9/1 by A DC Birding Blog.
And, check out Laurence’s fine graphical analysis of Friday Ark boardings.
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- Sisu: Where’s the food? asks Tiny, At Her Vanity, and Baby Goes For The Gold
- Outside In: Helping With The Canning: Sophie
- Melange: Let’s Play Hide and Seek: Nicky and Tragedy Amid Chaos: Chloe and Clover
- Blog d’Elisson: She Who Must Be Skritched: Hakuna
- I am the Goober Queen: You’re gonna ship me where Mom?
- Why Now?: Taking A Break From Mom Duties
- The Oubliette: Very Early Morning Catblogging: The Kitties Need Help and Maleficent the Cave Kitty
- the tattered coat: Luna: The Hunter and Her Prey
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: A New
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinand T. Cat: Hook and Claw
- pages turned: Nicholson and the Bard
- Smijer: New Additions: Babies With No Names
- Inside Allan’s Mind: Cat Blog Friday: Cocoa
- i-pets.com blog: 7:00 AM Status Report: Bandit, Grace and Smoke
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Fwisky Sweeping
- Prophet or Madman: Otis: Let Us Prey
- Athenamama: Stunning Thalia
- Cafe Oregano: your kitchen staff: Chef Scooby and Dessert Chef Abbycat
- IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Nardo staring at a cabinet
- the tao of me: Feline Friday – Sun Worship: Siofra
- Basic Juice: Bussi’s Request: “Get Me A Pillow, Damnit”
- Lunar Obverse: One dark picture, one light picture, of (black cat) Smacky
- Gravits: Vladymir (Yes, he’s a cat!) & Serenity
- Striving for Average: Buenos Aires Cemetary Cats
- No Fancy Name: friday co-dependent catblogging: Max
- Lab Kat: Coby: A warm cat is a happy cat
- Where the Dolphins Play: Feline Friday: Gimmie a cup like everyone else
- Josh’s Weblog: Feline Friday: Owns The House on the Hill Oceanside, OR
- Middle Fork: Lady On The Back Steps
- It’s Morning Somewhere: Friday Cat Blogging: The Kitten Dream
- The Irish Trojan’s Blog: Butter
- The Invisible Library: Lucy Vs. Katrina
- Lisa Violet’s Diary: The early bird catches the worm?
- Real Art: Frankie, Paz and Phil
- Meditation Matters: Edgar: Stretched Out Looking Like A Lion
- Cathouse Chat: What’s Out There? Smudgiesurveys her domain…
- Manx Mnews: Abby and Ping
- Maggie’s Meanderings: friday? for really? Lizard Hunting
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging..Tigger
- Justaskjudy: My Familiar: Storm
- The Power Liberal: Friday Morning Cat Blogging
- nycbabylon: Friday Cat Blog by MJ Cat
- No Capital: It’s All Downhill From Here
- The Neutral Zone Trap: Friday Cat Blogging
- 7610: Mr. Blurby Pants
- Rhetoric and Democracy: Friday Cat Blogging
- Scribblings: Feline Friday: Hide & Seek
- She Who Will Be Obeyed: Cat Blog Friday: Kitty Helpers!
- Swanksalot’s Orchestra and Solipsism: Catnip seems delightful: Cleo and the Pope
- Mind of Mog: The Innocents
- Eschaton: Friday Cat Blogging: The Stray Duo Are Back
- WTF Is IT Now!?!?: Friday Cat Blogging: Milo
- Texas Oasis: two cats, too cozy
- Mensa Barbie: Friday Cat Blogging: Russel Won’t Share boarded 8/27
Friday Catnip Blogging: Oscar boarded 8/27
- The Right Left Story: Friday Night cat Blogging: Hannah and Meisha boarded 8/27
- MacPhoenix: Friday Night Catblogging: Jinx in natural light boarded 8/27
- Where Worlds Collide: Friday Cat Blogging: Swiss Cats boarded 8/27
- Arcane Gazebo: Friday Cat Blogging: Where is Omen? boarded 8/27
- Ali Thinks: Cat Blog Friday: Slick explores the dishwasher. boarded 8/27
- Elms in the Yard: Now That’s What I Call Devotion: Her Ladyship hitches a ride. Boarded 8/27
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cats: Pretending to Ignore the Photographer boarded 8/27
- The Blue Parrot: Friday Catblogging: Doby continues his road to recovery. boarded 8/27
- Rude, Crude and Uncalled For: Mission Debriefing boarded 8/27
- Ripples: Life is Not Fair boarded 8/28
- CathColl: weekend cat blogging: Emily Frost boarded 8/28
- Curiouser and Curiouser: Tinker, kitten, and Roxie boarded 8/28
- Computers, Society, and Nature: lazy days and Irish Cat Blogging boarded 8/28
- Cat Out Loud: Here’s Another Rocket Shot boarded 8/28
- Watermark: Sunday Cat Blogging boarded 8/28
- annoying little twerp: Carnival of the Cats #75
- Snail’s Tales: A Cute Little Snail: Vertigo gouldi
- milkriverblog: Imperial Moth (Eacles imperialis)
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: A Huge Version of Whatever It Is
- afarensis: Friday Sea Anemone Blogging
- Dope on the Slope: Thursday Intertebrate Blogging: Escargot Edition
- Sunidesus Sees: Tide Pool Discovery: Starfish plus video
- Josh’s Weblog: Oceanside, OR: Starfishand Sea Anenomes
- The Common Room: Yikes! Praying Mantis
- Passion-Photo: Petit papillon bien gourmand….
- Southern Highlands Cam: First full-size Praying Mantis we’ve seen this year
- Non-Exhibitionist: Friday Giant Spider Blogging
- Science and Politics: Cockroaches
- Middle Fork: Dirty Spider and Spider on Rose on Rose boarded 8/27-28
- Rurality: Almost Every Catalpa worm (Ceratomia catalpae)been parasitized by a Braconid wasp (Apanteles congregatus). boarded 8/27
- Tbogg: Crazed by the heat, Beckam attacks…
- A Stitch In Haste: Friday Diamond Blogging: Joys and Their Toys – Bones
- enrevanche: Puppy Pix: Chow Bella and Chow Fun
- Duck Pond: Taffy, Sasha and Horses
- Athenamama: Jacqueline Steals the Scene
- Cafe Oregano: your kitchen staff: Chef Scoobyand Dessert Chef Abbycat
- Mickey’s Musings: Carnival of the Dogs
- Is There A Blogger In The House: You Can’t See Me
- The Common Room: Yet Another Picture of Zeus
- Below the Beltway: Apparently our puppy is happy I cut the grass last week.
- Sugarfused: Big Boy Hank
- brykmantra.com: Molly boarded 8/27
- Dharma Bums: Low Tide Walk: Bald Eagle
- Milk River Blog: I and the Bird #4
- 10,000 Birds: Killdeer and Vulture
- Living the Scientific Life: Spix’s Macaw, Cyanopsitta spixii and Emperor Penguins, Aptenodytes forsteri, and the rest of Birds in the News #24
- Sunidesus Sees: What’s Up There?: Sandhill Crane
- No Direction Home: Queen of the Forest
- BTW: African Lovebirds boarded 8/27
- Outside In: Guinea Pig Plus Abby and the Sea Turtle
- Publius & Co.: Friday Guinea Pig Blogging: Harley is in the twilight of his life
- Duck Pond: Taffy, Sasha andHorses
- The Laughing Wolf: Friday Wolf Blogging: The eyes have it.
- Watermark: Funk: Squirrel
- On Location With Rick Lee: Capital Faunaand Another Picture of the same squirrel
- Bob Harris: Pudublogging: More Friday Reruns boarded 8/27
- Ripples: Life is Not Fair boarded 8/28
- The Corpus Callossum: It’s Time for Champie To Be Weaned boarded 8/28
- Hannah’s World: Pepper: In Loving Memory
- The Hairy Museum of Natural History: Dead Animal Blogging: Spiny-Brush Shark Edition.
For other current carnivals check out The Conservative Cat’s Carnival Page and The TTLB Uber Carnival.
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted “too rapidly” by the same host. I don’t know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I’m sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh….