We’ll post links to sites that have Friday (plus or minus a few days) photos of their chosen animals (photoshops at our discretion and humans only in supporting roles). Watch the Exception category for rocks, beer, coffee cups, and….?
We will add your post to the list if you do one of the following:
- Leave a comment or trackback to this post,
- Use the Carnival Submission Form,
- Email Modulator or
- Our extensive staff finds it during our weekly search of the web
Of course, if our staff goes on strike then we will link only those posts someone tells us about.
Visit each border and come back regularly Friday-Sunday to visit new boarders. And do link to the Friday Ark whether you use trackbacks or not.
Extra, Extra: All Ark boarders are invited to shout out at the Friday Ark Frapper Map (24 as of 12/1).
Dog folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Dogs hosted by Mickey’s Musings.
Cat folks: remember to submit your links to the Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday and the 89th edition will be hosted this week by When Cats Attack. There are more weekly cats at eatstuff’s Weekend Cat Blogging which has many participants who may not be familiar to Ark or Carnival participants.
Bird folks: I and the Bird: A Blog Carnival for Bird Lovers is published every 2 weeks. Send your links for the 12th edition to Mike. The 11th edition is up and hosted by the The House & other Arctic Musings.
New for the spineless: Circus of the Spineless. A monthly celebration of Insects, Arachnids, Molluscs, Crustaceans, Worms and most anything else that wiggles. The third edition is up at Urban Dragon Hunters.
The 4th edition is scheduled for December 31 and will be hosted by bootstrap analysis. Mail submissions to nannothemis AT gmail.com
Arkive editions of the Friday Ark.
- Melange: I’m Dreaming of a Mice Christmas and Rhett: For Sophie
- No Deep Thoughts: Trimming the Tree: Desi’s turn
- Allan Thinks: Remember. I can rip your throat wide open.
- Sisu: Tiny, Tiny and Baby and Tiny
- enrevanche: The incredible disappearing Gato
- Beezer Song: Afternoon Sun
- Caturday: Fergus for Feline Friday
- pages turned: Ellie takes a brief break from causing mischief
- Outside In: Sophie Eyes the Ornaments and Christmas Love
- Island Writer: Marcel plus Miss Holly and the kittens
- Heretic Spire, A Damn Lie: Fat Kitty in the sun
- Blog d’Elisson: Inversion: Sometimesa cat looks happier upside down
- Manx Mnews: Feline Friday – The Acrobat: Ping shows off his latest moves
- Poetic Leanings: Friday Cat Blogging: What’s out there?
- Texas Oasis: Friday Cat: TV Content Blocker
- i-pets.com blog: Friday Cat Blog: I see you are busy right now.
- The Countess: Friday Cat Blogging: Beowulf and Domino
- Elms in the Yard: Sub Rosa: Lady dozes under the rosebush
- The Peach Pit: Homework Monitor
- sleeping mommy: Curiousity did what to the cat?
- Prophet or Madman: Friday Pet Blogging – Hacking: Otis Hacks something other than a hairball
- Athenamama: Three’s Not A Crowd
- Lab Kat: Friday Cat Blogging: Coby Suffers His Younger Sister
- Striving for Average: The Christmas Picture: Chocolate Chip
- Why Now?: Friday Cat Blogging: Feel my power, grasshopper!
- Smijer: Without Comment: Babies
- Cathouse Chat: Captive Kitty: Pixel and Smudge
- This Blog is Full of Crap: Holiday Collar, Take Two: Nardo
- Gigolokitty!: A Christmas Carol! (pt 2)
- Lunar Obverse: Friday Cat Blogging: Smacky Smacky finds the warmest spots in the house
- Seven Silly Southern Sisters: Cats Sleep Anywhere
- Leslie’s Omnibus: Traveling Companions
- 7610: Blur Naps
- Music and Cats: Feline Friday: Sergei kills the weasel
- Real Art: Friday Cat Blogging: Paz, Frankie, Sammy and Phil
- Running Scared: Friday Cat Blogging: Tom Comes along Nicely
- bloggg: Friday Feakin Closeup Blogging
- A Shareware Life: Friday Catblogging: Play with Me, Play with ME!
- Watermark: Friday Cat Coterie Shopping
- The Conservative Cat: Ferdinad T. Cat says Obviously, a Conspiracy at Work
- Niobium: Old Photos
- bootstrap analysis: Mom’s day off
- Kiss my grits: Friday Cat Blogging
- Not A Fish: For News About Billy the Cat
- Number 2 Pencil: Cat-In-The-Box
- nycbabylon: Friday Catblog: Tabby Stowaway is Reunited With Her Person!
- Picking Up The Pieces: Post #300: Magnum and Adira
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Weekend Pet Pic: Ziggy Stardust eyeballsXander the Cat
- Sisu: Babe keeps an eye on a bird…
- Rhetoric and Democracy: Friday Cat Blogging: Scooter
- Mind of Mog: Style Tips: Our resident couch decorator
- Scout Prime: Friday Cat Blogging of eddy’s Reach & Wink
- Ego: Friday Ark Map: Morris
- Wildrun: Reason number 42 not to let your cat out
- Josh’s Weblog: Feline Friday: Church and Snowball
- feministe: Twoo Luv: Doug and Pablo Spoon
- green girl art: …a painting & a peep #2…Trixie
- The Oubliette: Friday Cat Blogging: Callie
- Farmgirl Fare: Weekend Cat Blogging #26: New Cat Sports A New Look For Winter; boarded 12/3
- eatstuff: WCB 26 – Get well Macroom
- No Deep Thoughts: Grumpy Santa’s Christmas Countdown: Rafe says… boarded 12/3
- It’s Morning Somewhere: Friday cat blogging – just barely.. Lady Fortuna boarded 12/3
- Middle Fork: You Don’t Want To Mess With Gabriel boarded 12/3
- Lawyers, Guns and Money: Friday Cat Blogging: Bud boarded 12/3
- Meditation Matters: Friday cat blogging: Simon boarded 12/03
- Mahanandi: Weekend Cat Blogging: Kittaya boarded 12/03
- Mad Times: Rorschach Cat: What do you See? boarded 12/03
- Fiat Lux: Friday Cat Blogging: Evening Edition – Gimi and Bear; boarded 12/03
- Dorte’s Smadderkasse: Radiatorhygge boarded 12/03
- A Few of My Favourite Things!: WCB 26: Sun-drunk boarded 12/03
- Overtaken by Events: I wonder why…we have to redecorate… boarded 12/03
- Because It’s Better: Friday Cat Blogging: Princess Mia Bella boarded 12/03
- A Guy In New York: Saturday catblogging: Luca boarded 12/03
- Ballard Avenue: Friday Cat: Cross-eyed boarded 12/03
- When Cats Attack: Carnival of the Cats #89
IMAO: Friday Catblogging: Nardo the Greedy
- Urban Dragon Hunters: Circus of the Spineless #3
- Life in a shoe: Praying mantis limerick
- milkriverblog: Not Really A Cat Friday: Gray Cracker, Hamadryas februa
- Jil in Pattaya: Jewel Beetle boarded 12/03
- Firefly Forest Blog: female Elegant Bush Katydid (Insara elegans) boarded 12/03
- Island Writer: Marcel plus Miss Holly and the kittens
- Tbogg: Thursday Night Basset Blogging: Satchmo and Beckham
- A Stitch In Haste: Friday Diamond Blogging
- Duck Pond: Friday Night Dog Blog – Random Photos: Sasha and Taffy
- Athenamama: Three’s Not A Crowd and Special Baby
- Basic Juice: Canine Velcro: Reggie
- Below the Beltway: Three Dogs, One House, You Do The Math
- Doug Petch.Com: Blog Your Dog: An early start for the boys
- The Alternate Brain: Friday Cattle Blogging: Princess Shayna
- Running Scared: Friday Dog Blogging: Kenya Under the Knife
- Mensa Barbie: 105 Pounds and Growing
- Pluto’s Page: Ohthe caninity!
- The Common Room: Christmas Festivities
- The People’s Republic of Seabrook: The Next Oprah: When Puppies Attack
- Poop Happens: Two Dog Night
- Pop Culture Gadabout: Weekend Pet Pic: Ziggy Stardust eyeballs Xander the Cat
- One Hot Stove: Weekend Dog Blogging: Dale, The Fitness Freak
- Neville Farm: Furry Friday: Ranger, a furry friend from the past; boarded 12/3
- Hoarded Ordinaries: Settling In: Reggie boarded 12/3
- Dog Blog: Dogs 243-247 boarded 12/03
- Bird Treatment and Learning Center: More Snowy Owl boarded 1/03
- Living the Scientific Life: Toco toucan, (Ramphastos toco) and much more in Birds in the News #38
- Sisu: Chicken
- 10,000 Birds: Rusty Blackbird
- 10,000 Monkeys and a Camera: Friday Creature: Society Finch and a Lady Gouldian
- Thomasburg Walks: The Great Gray Owl Ruined My Life
- Firefly Forest Blog: Great Horned Owl (Bubo virginianus) boarded 12/03
- Facing South: Friday Bird
Blogging boarded 12/03
- Sisu: Big Cat
- Farmgirl Fare: Llama Llama and Baa Baa Babsie
- Cauldron Ridge Farm: Choupy & Kid
- Sarangeti: Hill Country Deer
- On Location With Rick Lee: Yellow Fish
- Chaos Digest: Winter
- Cel’s Home Page: Un peu de tendresse
- First Draft: Friday Ferret Blogging: Little Joe boarded 12/03
- Paleoblog: Archaeopteryx Has Dinosaur Feet
- Pharyngula: New Archaeopteryx specimen
- The Hairy Museum of Natural History: New Archaeopteryx Fossil
- Balloon Juice: Friday Beer Blogging: Delirium Noel
- Life after NEXCOM: Christmas and Cats… boarded 12/03
Note for Haloscan Users: Haloscan started (the end of July) rejecting trackbacks if they were submitted “too rapidly” by the same host. I don’t know what the timer is but it is long enough so that it was very difficult to ping everyone that is using Haloscan for trackbacks. I’m sure that they are doing this to try to hold back the tide of trackback spam but it makes the service pretty useless for carnival type posts. Perhaps you can contact them and urge some different solution. Update: Typepad appears to be doing the same thing. Everytime I update the Ark it appears the timers are reset and the long list of MT autogenerated pings fail. Yecchhhh….