Will the Handmaid’s Tale Make You A Better Listener?
This is the walkaway that Bruce Miller, Executive Producer of Hulu’s new series, The Handmaid’s Tale, want’s viewers to have:
But if you can provoke some better listening that would be a goal for a show like this. To look at someone in an extreme situation, and talk about it, and through that recognize something you can translate to your normal life.
Will you be more likely to listen to others after you watch The Handmaid’s Tale?
Well, it is to early to tell but I know that I am going read the book again and will be activating a Hulu account soon.
In the meantime, listen when others are talking!
Here are a few related links that I have run across recently:
- Margaret Atwood, The Prophet of Dystopia
- Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: Enraging, riveting and scarily relevant
- Reading The Handmaid’s Tale in the Year of Trump
- Rereading The Handmaid’s Tale, One Month Into the Trump Era via Digby
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Slate
There are plenty more if you want to take a deeper dive via your search engine of choice.